Rusty Vista

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2013, 06:29 PM

Rusty Vista

Wow. I bought this old rusty 1970 Vista Cruiser off ebay last year. I got it running and am using it as a daily beater-driver. It runs good and is a lot of fun- Looks like hell but I'm not afraid to drive on gravel roads,etc. Anyway, today I drove to to our cabin about 75 miles from our house and got caught in a rain storm. It rained almost as hard inside as it did outside. There was bubbles and droplets blowing up from the bottom of the inside of the windshield!! So I guess the dash is probably rusted out at the bottom of the windshield. The rear windows have drops all over the inside of the glass... It's disappointing.. Oh well.
Old October 6th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Registered Luser

Hey Greg.....guess its a good thing you don't have the carpet in it.
Old October 6th, 2013, 07:33 PM

I sold a gold/brown? '70 Vista a couple years ago to Shawn? in Minnesota/Wisconsin? Did you buy it from him? Pictures please? It had an aftermarket hood lock that took a round key & I removed the perfect grills & substituted other '70 grills. I had a ton of paperwork with it also.
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by ent72olds
Hey Greg.....guess its a good thing you don't have the carpet in it.
Ha!! You're right!! Actually I did find a used green carpet out of a 2door and put in it because you would be surprised how noisy and hot on your feet without it. But it only goes to in front of the 2nd seat and not to the 3rd seat. The floor in front of the 3rd seat did get about a inch in it. But I still do want your carpet, Erik, when you don't need it. I plan to fix it in the future-Distant future....
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by oldspackrat
I sold a gold/brown? '70 Vista a couple years ago to Shawn? in Minnesota/Wisconsin? Did you buy it from him? Pictures please? It had an aftermarket hood lock that took a round key & I removed the perfect grills & substituted other '70 grills. I had a ton of paperwork with it also.
Hi Scott, I bought this one from David, who is on this site as vistacruiser67. It was in Bowling Green Ky.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1155.JPG (258.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_1153_1.JPG (190.0 KB, 46 views)
Old October 8th, 2013, 05:30 AM

This car was purchased new in the Radcliff Kentucky area near Fort Knox Ky according to the protectoplate. I found the car in Elizabethtown (2007-2008)Kentucky about 20 miles from Radcliff and drove it home to Bowling Green. A 70 mile trip one way. It had gold carpet in it when I bought it and I removed it as it was molded and mildewed. I had three other 70-72 Cutlasses at the time and I've since sold all the cars. Had to junk the two four doors and sell them as part cars. 71 442 went to Michigan as well. Gregg has given this Vista a better home that I was capable of at this point in my life and I'm glad he saved it from the crusher. Looking back I think this car had the second best motor of over 10 or so Oldsmobiles Ive owned. The best motor was a 71 Vista 455 that left in the 71 442. Looks like the Vista has a great view in these photos. Nice convertible!

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Hi Scott, I bought this one from David, who is on this site as vistacruiser67. It was in Bowling Green Ky.
Old October 8th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Registered Luser

NIce land.....nice shop.....I need to move....