storage bin lock

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2012, 04:25 PM

storage bin lock

Does anyone have an extra vista storage compartment lock housing and lever? I was replacing the carpet and noticed that under the carpet there is a lock hole and there is a bracket to receive the lever. Does anyone know if legendary has vista upholstery?
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:02 PM

I have some door panels from a 70 and a 71 Vista that I would sell if that is what you are needing. PM if interested.

Don W
Old April 12th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Registered

As far as I know nobody makes interior seat or door panel upholstery for Vista Cruisers, the headliner and carpet for the front and middle seating areas is available. The door panels SMS can copy from your old ones but it isn't cheap and takes a while. Load floor carpeting you have to cut and fit and have edging sewn on or the original serging done. I had my seats done with NOS and newly made by SMS matching vinyl at a trim shop...big bucks. You may be able to find split front bench seat covers at an upholstery place but Vistas didn't come with those and the pattern may be off.
The only thing close that they make is Chevelle wagon and the pattern is way different, no third seat cover. You can get the rear cargo side covers/spare tire covers fitted material for Chevelles at places like Ausleys but the color may be a little different, the rear area cargo side area/tailgate is the same on all the A body wagons.
I'll look in my extra parts and see if I have one of those locks but I don't remember having one, most didn't come with the lock since it was an option so they're a little hard to find.