Go Back  ClassicOldsmobile.com > Vehicle Lineup > Large Oldsmobiles > Vista Cruiser & Wagons
Tailgate window does not lower or raise the rear window from the exterior switch >

Tailgate window does not lower or raise the rear window from the exterior switch

Tailgate window does not lower or raise the rear window from the exterior switch

Old August 20th, 2014, 03:43 PM

My 1968 Vista Cruiser rear window will raise or lower from the dash switch but will not raise or lower when I engage the rear window lock switch. I have replaced the rear window lock switch and also replaced the tailgate switch located on the right side of the tailgate. This switch's hook piece was broken. After replacing this switch I found that I could not lower the window from the dash switch or exterior lock switch when the tailgate was closed. However, when I swapped out the new tailgate switch with the broken tailgate switch I could now raise and lower the window from the dash but again not from the tailgate. Any ideas
Old November 30th, 2018, 11:33 AM

Hello,

Where did you get the lock switch?

Thanks!