'70 Vista - Remove interior door jam edging?

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2017, 10:35 PM

'70 Vista - Remove interior door jam edging?

I really have no idea what to call this stuff, so I added a photo in this post - please someone tell me the proper name. It runs from the rear of the back door to the front and stops at the top of the A pillar. There is also another one running round the rear tailgate glass.

I'm hoping to be able to get the entire body media blasted but of course I need to completely remove the interior. Not too long ago when I was taking some parts off a VC in a junk yard I saw that someone tried to remove this edging/welting/whatever but was unsuccessful. It appears as though it just snapped and broke in multiple places (the owner of the junker said a fellow bought as much of the interior plastic as he could becasue his dried out). I think that it was a combination of dried out parts and strong glue?

I digress, I am too scared to pull mine off without knowing the best method of attack. I feel as though it might be glued on but I am not too sure, of course being a green Vista interior, I need to be able to reinstall all of this when the paint is done!

Old August 30th, 2017, 07:27 AM

It is generally called "windlace trim" & from the factory is just pressed/pinched onto the metal. If you start at one end, you should be able to just pry it off the car.
Old August 30th, 2017, 09:50 AM

Interesting, I would have thought they were glued in. I'll see if I can gently remove them.