Jetaway Question

Search this Thread

Old July 29th, 2012, 06:54 PM

Jetaway Question

OK..I got my car the other day and it drives great. Goes down the road better than I thought a 67 would. Drives better than my 74 Olds Cutty. The only question/concern I have is this: When at a complete stop, the car hesitates just a little when I hit the excelerator. Just a very slight pause. Going down the road it shifts perfectly. Just wondering it that is common with the old 2 speed. Thanks
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Just the facts...

sounds like a carb. or ignition issue to me. your accelerator pump may be going bad or is in need of adjustment, or you have an issue with the ignition system.

bill
Old July 30th, 2012, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by BILL DEMMER
sounds like a carb. or ignition issue to me. your accelerator pump may be going bad or is in need of adjustment, or you have an issue with the ignition system.

bill
Didn't think of that...I will have it checked out. Thanks
Old July 30th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Your 67 is a switch pitch trans, meaning it has a variable vane torque convertor controlled by a switch attatched to your throttle linkage. What you are possibly feeling is the torque convertor changing the vane position.
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Your 67 is a switch pitch trans, meaning it has a variable vane torque convertor controlled by a switch attatched to your throttle linkage. What you are possibly feeling is the torque convertor changing the vane position.
I think I may have some issures...Upon driving it today, I noticed two things. #1. It won't hold itself from rolling backwards when in drive and on an incline. #2 Today it won't drop down into a "passing gear" when I stomp on it. It would yesterday. Very strange. Tranny fluid looks good with no leaks. Help...