TH350C pressure switch wiring...does it matter which is + and which is -?

Old November 27th, 2009, 10:52 PM

TH350C pressure switch wiring...does it matter which is + and which is -?

Does it matter which wire I connect to either post on the pressure switch inside my TH350C? Now that I think of it, the posts could be either one depending on how far this thing is screwed in... So since they're not labeled in any way and both connectors fit on either post it must be okay to connect to either one?

Old November 28th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by rustycragars
So since they're not labeled in any way and both connectors fit on either post it must be okay to connect to either one?
That switch should just be a normally open switch that closes under pressure. It doesn't matter which wires go to which terminals - the switch just connects the two wires when it closes.
Old December 25th, 2016, 01:38 PM

TH350C Electronics

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
That switch should just be a normally open switch that closes under pressure. It doesn't matter which wires go to which terminals - the switch just connects the two wires when it closes.
Hi Joe, I am hoping that you may be able to provide some information in regards to the assembly above. As you will see from my previous post I need to know what the wired components (solenoid, valve etc) do and how they do it so I can figure out if I need to put the parts back in to get back to normal operation.
As the car sat with the front up in the air with no trans pan for 4 months approx.there is the possibility that this may be causing the car to stall out. BTW the car operates normally in Reverse i.e able to sit idling in gear.Thanks in advance
Old December 25th, 2016, 06:06 PM

Pull the pressure switch from the valve body. Apply compressed air to the pressure port, I bet you will find countinuity between the 2 terminals. If not, see if either contacts have countinuity to ground with pressure applied. Without a service manual, its difficult to be certain how its suppose to function. Most likely, the solenoid grounds thru the pressure switch. The other terminal might be s signal to the computer that the trans has shifted into 3rd gear. With some compressed air and a volt/ohmmeterit should be pretty simple to figure out.