Question Auto to Legend 5 speed

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2015, 02:37 PM
1971 442 convert

Question Auto to Legend 5 speed

Hope you guys are not getting tired of this I have been searching and can not seem to find what I'm looking for.

As I posted I was looking at going with the TKO from Silver Sport and then got some info from Dc2x4drvr that the Legend LGT-700 would go in with no cutting.

I have an auto with consul and Dc went from a 4 speed to a 5 speed so I am still unsure on the fit for my car.??

Has anyone gone from auto to this Legend 5 speed that could advise me ??

Also I'm sure my crank is not drilled and wondered if this option they are suggesting is the best and easiest solution ?? It is from Super cars

Pilot Bearing Adapter
Our pilot bearing adapter is an innovative way to convert an automatic crankshaft for use with a manual transmission. Until now you had to have an expensive factory M/T crank. Or have an automatic crank machined to accept a pilot bearing. This required removing the crank from the engine. An in-car conversion is now possible. By using the torque converter ring of the crank, our adapter bearing (not a bushing) assures the input shaft is dead centered with the crank. Installation requires only minor shortening of the input shaft or drilling a dead hole in the back of the crank (can be done with common shop tools). Instructions included.
Pilot Bearing Adapter
Our pilot bearing adapter is an innovative way to convert an automatic crankshaft for use with a manual transmission. Until now you had to have an expensive factory M/T crank. Or have an automatic crank machined to accept a pilot bearing. This required removing the crank from the engine. An in-car conversion is now possible. By using the torque converter ring of the crank, our adapter bearing (not a bushing) assures the input shaft is dead centered with the crank. Installation requires only minor shortening of the input shaft or drilling a dead hole in the back of the crank (can be done with common shop tools). Instructions included.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Roger