need advice 2004r

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2013, 03:22 PM

need advice 2004r

Hey guys. I'm in need of some advice here. I placed an order with Lonnie at Extreme Automatics on 2/21 with a timeframe of 2-3 weeks. Here I am now 6 weeks later and it's going to be another week before it leaves his shop from my latest call over there. I called last monday and was told it was built and on a pallet and hadn't shipped because he thought he was still awaiting payment and forgot I had payed immediately via paypal, so I start wondering why it hasn't shown up and call today to be told that it will be done now mid next week. I've lost that warm fuzzy feeling about the whole deal and am considering calling over tomorrow and cancelling the order altogether and just giving CK a call and going through them. How much of an a hole am I if I do this as a customer? With the deep sheet pan that I ordered through EA, the CK performance trans will only be $100 more and it has the billet forward drum and comes shipped after an in car test to make sure that they have the shift points correct. I don't want to leave Lonnie high and dry, but am starting to feel he's done just that to me. Let me know what you think.
Old April 4th, 2013, 03:37 PM

Have you talked to him personally or just some office staff person. I always try to go straight to the owner and have it out with him before going elsewhere
Old April 4th, 2013, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by ach1992880
Hey guys. I'm in need of some advice here. I placed an order with Lonnie at Extreme Automatics on 2/21 with a timeframe of 2-3 weeks. Here I am now 6 weeks later and it's going to be another week before it leaves his shop from my latest call over there. I called last monday and was told it was built and on a pallet and hadn't shipped because he thought he was still awaiting payment and forgot I had payed immediately via paypal, so I start wondering why it hasn't shown up and call today to be told that it will be done now mid next week. I've lost that warm fuzzy feeling about the whole deal and am considering calling over tomorrow and cancelling the order altogether and just giving CK a call and going through them. How much of an a hole am I if I do this as a customer? With the deep sheet pan that I ordered through EA, the CK performance trans will only be $100 more and it has the billet forward drum and comes shipped after an in car test to make sure that they have the shift points correct. I don't want to leave Lonnie high and dry, but am starting to feel he's done just that to me. Let me know what you think.
I've been kind of hanging out in the Turbo Buick forum in preparation for my transmission needs in the next few months. With that being said, Lonnie of EA is known for not having transmissions ready at the time designated. The positive to that is once the transmission does arrive, nearly everyone is happy with their purchase.

Lonnie is a one man operation from what I gather. His reputation as an expert in building excellent 200-4r transmissions is growing, as is the demand for his product. Patience is going to be needed if you go with him as your tranny builder.

I'd say stick with Lonnie since you've come this far. If it were earlier in the purchase, I'd say give Chris a call. However, the choice is yours, obviously.
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:04 PM

The one real big gripe is i spoke with lonnie on monday of last week and he told me directly that its done and will ship tomorrow. That was fine, but now i find out it was a lie.
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:27 PM

I may have just needed to vent, maybe i'll just find a frosty beverage and sleep on it and hope cooler heads prevail in the morning. Spring still isn't in full swing here in Nebraska, so I have time to wait but I'm itching to put the tires back on the ground. I have to agree that most anyone that gets their tranny from Lonnie ultimately sounds like they end up happy and in the end I hope I can say the same.
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:38 PM

I got mine from another source and had to wait impatiently about an extra month... Take a deep breath, don't stress, and work on getting the car prepped while waiting. It is a good time to do those odd little jobs you have been putting off. It turned out the extra time allowed me to replace the body bushings, brake lines and fuel lines.
I know what you are going thru... just remember that when its installed and working properly it was worth the extra time!
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:23 PM
70 Cutlass SX

Have a beer - watch a movie with the wife, and over the weekend do some chores for her. Spend lots of time with her, take her to the movies. Before you know it the transmission will arrive, and your wife will be so happy to get you out of her hair, but also so appreciative of the attention you gave, that she will not care when you then spend every spare moment with the "other girl".

Cheers, Peter
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by ach1992880
I may have just needed to vent, maybe i'll just find a frosty beverage and sleep on it and hope cooler heads prevail in the morning. Spring still isn't in full swing here in Nebraska, so I have time to wait but I'm itching to put the tires back on the ground. I have to agree that most anyone that gets their tranny from Lonnie ultimately sounds like they end up happy and in the end I hope I can say the same.
Are you a Huskers football fan? Spring game is Saturday. Focus on that. DVR the game. Watch it and rewatch it. Anylize it. That at least should get you to Tuesday of next week. Maybe then your transmission will be on the way!
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:31 AM

Although I live in a sea of red here in Omaha, I'm actually a transplanted Iowa Hawkeyes fan so can't claim Husker fandom here. I have a 2 1/2 year old to keep me occupied and enough on the wife's to-do list to stay busy presumably for the rest of my life so I'll knock a few things out and earn some extra points around the house. Glad everyone on this forum is a little more level headed than I was feeling yesterday. Thanks guys, I'll update my other post when it finally arrives.