GM Toro hoses

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2010, 08:59 PM

GM Toro hoses

I'll probably post on aaca as well but..... anybody have a source for the color coded vacuum lines Toros had in 66/67? Not only were the headlights colored but the small hoses that connect the heat/AC selector I think are coded. Really want the engine bay lines for authenticity, I know, it sounds **** but I've gone this far! If not, any engineers that can design any easy way to push standard hose through a line with a slot for applying a paint stripe?
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Registered

You can get the white stripe 5/32" hose, I know Ames Performance has that by the foot.
Have to make sure it's the correct type too, they had smooth and ribbed.
Inline Tube has the stamps for the fuel lines and stuff if you need those.

It was probably extruded through some sort of device to do that stripe, It almost looks more like a dye or ink on some, others are all cracked and it's paint for sure.
Could get some ink or paint markers and make a jig to hold the marker and pull the hose through?
Mask the hose and spray it?
An airbrush would work best to get it thin.
Really small paint roller?

Somebody must have NOS or make that stuff in colors, probably mile long reels of it sitting in some warehouse somewhere.

I wonder how they did do that stripe???
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:40 PM

I'll see if Ames can do others. I was thinking of the old design hand crank drills with the gears. Somehow putting a pulley in the gear series to guide the hose and feed the tube over a paint brush so that long stretches could be done. Can't imagine the time involved with hand striping miles of hose 4 or 5 colors!