"Electrical Problem" display

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2007, 11:36 PM

"Electrical Problem" display

I have an '88 Toronado Trofeo. 4 days ago the chimes and "Electrical Problem" warning started showing up on my information center. All other lights, displays, etc. seem to be working fine. I just had the car in the shop a month ago to have the mass airflow sensor and throttle position sensors changed out, which cost quite a bit of money. I just wanted to see if anyone else out there has experienced this problem or have any ideas of what it could be, a possible fix, etc.? I would really appreciate any responses. Thanks so much!
Old November 10th, 2007, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by 88Trofeo
I have an '88 Toronado Trofeo. 4 days ago the chimes and "Electrical Problem" warning started showing up on my information center. All other lights, displays, etc. seem to be working fine. I just had the car in the shop a month ago to have the mass airflow sensor and throttle position sensors changed out, which cost quite a bit of money. I just wanted to see if anyone else out there has experienced this problem or have any ideas of what it could be, a possible fix, etc.? I would really appreciate any responses. Thanks so much!

Loss of ECM serial data will cause that display. Check your trouble codes to see what's been stored.