1967 Toronado

Old March 27th, 2016, 11:06 PM

1967 Toronado

Looking on some advice or comments on my purchase of a 1967 Toronado.
Bought it a couple weeks ago off the original owners daughter. Paid $400, due to raccoons living in it for the past 6 years. Ripped the entire front seat apart, and s#%t everywhere.
The daughters husband spent over $9000 on a complete motor, transmission, gearbox, front end, rad, and air conditioning. Interior was mint. Everything was put back together, motor started and broke in, did a front wheel burnout in the driveway then decided to start stripping the paint off the car. Made it through 2/3 of the drivers quarter and thought this is a lot of work, put it n hold in the back yard, and went onto other hobbies. Raccoons ended up getting into the trunk area due to lid being removed and only covered by a tarp. It's been 15 yrs since it has been started, compete rebuild, but will have to probably drain all the fluids and put new fluids into it. The rust looks very minor, little spot behind rear tires bottom quarter and a bit in the trunk. I picked up a pair of leather heated bucket seats from a newer Kia for $100, just to get around in. Gonna have to suit and mask up to clean the raccoon crap.
Would like to see how it runs ad drives prior to making a decision. Did pick up a 1965 Cutlass 330 Ultra High Compression automatic car today also, was thinking of a 425 conversion, not sure if I want to change the originality of both cars, maybe keep them both stock and original. Hope to get some pictures. Let e know if anyone has a decent front seat for sale. Thanks
Old March 28th, 2016, 05:36 AM

never leave holes big enough for coons to get in.

Location?
Old March 28th, 2016, 11:02 AM

67 Toronado

Im located in Surrey/Cloverdale, BC Vancouver
let me know if anyone around BC Canada has Toronados.

Thanks
Old March 28th, 2016, 06:18 PM

That smells like one helluva good deal!
Old April 11th, 2016, 09:54 PM

Not sure what to do with the 67 Toronado, raccoon tore the crap out of front seat and flooring is done. Cleaned everything out, probably have to throw away the front seat, raccoons ripped it apart, pissed, crapped, and probably had babies on it. Gonna throw out. Can't find hood springs. Was gonna either sell or part out, maybe keep rebuilt motor, entire front end has been rebuilt, motor trans, and all front suspension, ac, disc brakes on front. Let me know what anyone thinks.
Old April 12th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Why not strip, clean, and reupholster the front seat if the rest of the interior is good?