Tech Editor's Desk Projects, papers, writings, thoughts, musings of our technical editor Joe Padavano. To begin with, he will be making threads and can approve posts to it if he wishes. This can be changed in the future if it does not work out well.

Jackson's Old Time Auto Parts

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Old(s) Fart

Jackson's Old Time Auto Parts

Folks with odd-ball cars like the 61-63 F-85s know that basic replacement parts can be hard to find. Kanters has pretty much been the one reliable source for items like wheel cylinders, brake shoes, axle bearings, and wheel seals. I've just found another source, Jackson's Old Time Auto Parts in Duluth, MN. I just ordered rear wheel cylinders for my 62 and not only were they about 2/3 the price of other sources, but they arrived in three days. I just ordered an axle seal from them, as I found I needed one when the brake drum was off, and it's also on the way. Prices seem to be equal to or less than those of Kanter. They are definitely worth a call if you need hard-to-find wear parts. Note that you'll get a quicker response if you call them rather than sending an email. Their on-line ordering isn't working at the moment.

http://www.oldtimeparts.com/index.htm

888-399-PART(7278)