Tech Editor's Desk Projects, papers, writings, thoughts, musings of our technical editor Joe Padavano. To begin with, he will be making threads and can approve posts to it if he wishes. This can be changed in the future if it does not work out well.

Uploading pictures

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2013, 04:28 PM

Uploading pictures

Hi, I'm new to this forum and posted my first item in classifieds. When it came to uploading a picture it asked to type in a URL. I'm not quite sure what to do. So I posted a link for another site on which I have already posted the same item for sale just so the pics can be seen by everyone. Is there another way to upload pics that are stored in my computer to this website next I place an ad? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sal
Old March 26th, 2013, 05:05 PM

Welcome to CO

pictures.. real easy look for the "go advanced" and you will see the paper clip at the top of the box (right next to the smiley face)click on paper clip, browse, select the file attach picture and upload , nothing will show up till you click submit reply.
Old March 26th, 2013, 05:24 PM

Also there is a limit on the size of a file you can download( if your camera is set up with to high of resolution) if to high you will need to resize them.

I always hit preview post before I send it so I'm not posting something without the attachment and having to do it all over.....Tedd
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
Also there is a limit on the size of a file you can download( if your camera is set up with to high of resolution) if to high you will need to resize them.

I always hit preview post before I send it so I'm not posting something without the attachment and having to do it all over.....Tedd
1.5MB is the limit.
Even if you post without the picture, just hit 'edit post' button and 'go advanced' and go add the pics.
Old March 26th, 2013, 07:33 PM

Thanks alot guys! I appreciate it!
Old March 26th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Also, if you have acceptable photos posted elsewhere, there's no reason not to post those URLs - the effect will be the same.

- Eric
Old March 26th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 1969camaross350
Hi, I'm new to this forum and posted my first item in classifieds. When it came to uploading a picture it asked to type in a URL. I'm not quite sure what to do.
Hi Sal. URL is an acronym for Uniform Resource Locator. In other words it's a pathway the site uses to find and display photo links that you want to post. If you have images hosted on a cloud, they will have URL's attached to the IMG codes. Just copy those and paste here.
If you do it using a cloud storage you can post up to 20 images. Just remember that if you delete or move the photo on your cloud host server, the CO server will not be able to link to that image and display it anymore.

Here's an easy step by step for photo posting.
* clik the 'go advanced' tab
* Press the icon that looks like a paper clip; and A 'Manage Attachments' box will appear
* Choose (navigate on your computer to where the pics are stored) and hit 'open'. repeat for all 5 pics.
* Hit 'upload'. It may take a bit of time depending on your pic resolution. If you have ultra high res, you will have to 'resize' them with your picture editor to a 1024X768 size or smaller for the C.O. server to accept them.
* Close the "manage attachments' box.
* Preview your post and the images will be at the bottom
* Hit 'submit post' and the thread will have the images installed at the bottom. Unfortunately you can only do 5 pics at a time this way.

If you have the pics hosted on another web server?
* Copy the IMG url and Press the icon that looks like an envelope with mountains on it. Paste the URL into that box and hit 'ok'. You can install up to 20 images this way.
* Be sure to preview your work.
* Make sure the images don't carry on across the page, stack them for easier viewing.

Good luck and hope to see some pics posted soon!
Old March 26th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Dilbert 7:10:98.jpg (97.3 KB, 64 views)
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Just an Olds Guy

LOL Eric! That's priceless