Hotchkis TVS System... sway bars, etc.

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2010, 11:32 PM

Hotchkis TVS System... sway bars, etc.

Just wondering if anyone here uses the Hotchkis TVS system, or their sway bars, springs, Bilstein shocks, etc. with stock front control arms?

If using the sway bars, did you have any issues (close up pics would be great) of the front 1 3/8" hollow bar with mounting (bolt holes too far apart on frame?) and/or touching the idler arm? I could have sworn I seen a pic where it appeared to be a mm or so gap in between the bar and idler arm.
Old October 10th, 2010, 04:46 AM

I have the Hotchkis large sway bars on my 71 supreme, stock arms with poly bushings on the front,no clearence issues, fit the stock mounting holes. On the rear I used their arms. I did install new heavy duty springs, and it handles much, much better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
olds july 09 008.jpg (64.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg
olds july 09 009.jpg (64.4 KB, 50 views)
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:07 AM

How close is the front bar to the idler arm? Hard to tell for sure, but it looks very close in the pic.
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:15 AM

In re to the rear arms, did you choose the adjustables (double) for the uppers? If so, how are they to setup?
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:17 AM

Here is what I have at present (also have the HPS1000 Bilsteien shocks). I have flip flopped so many times, and still can't decide on installing this stuff or going more concourse type on the suspension.

Last edited by oldzy; October 22nd, 2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old October 11th, 2010, 04:14 AM

I looked at the idler and it is very close,but not touching and I can't see where it would have any movement that would make it touch. I used the solid upper arms, my understanding unless you are needing to set it up differently for drags you realy don't need the upper arms to adjust. I mainly wanted the better road handling, I'm still running the stock 14" wheels. The all urethane bushings made it handle tighter.
Old October 11th, 2010, 05:47 AM

semi related global west is Not recomending that you use a rear sway bar
They say the bar only binds and holds the tire from getting as good hold on road ??
Old October 11th, 2010, 08:02 AM

fwiw, I installed the precursor top the hotchkiss springs & shocks from HO racing (same exact stuff from what have read) on all four corners years ago, and loved the results. Also on 14 inch rims nice firm ride without being too stiff. I am hoping to do the urethane bushings next, and the sway bars to follow eventually...
Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:48 PM

I installed the hotchkis tvs system with 4 billstiens,4 hotchkis coils that lowered car 1 inch and the hotchkis front and rear swaybars and I love it! Look! these are HEAVY cars and they will never handle like sportscars but these aftermarket pieces do work and you wont be disappointed. I went all hotchkis in my 68 442 convertible and the diff between me ,my buds 69 gto and another buds 73 chevelle is night and day! I take exit ramps faster than they do,change lanes at any speed better just the overall handling is better! I have 15 inch wheels and want to change the steering box.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 02:08 PM

The Ho parts you have on did you go with their sway bars too I ran there springs and helwig sway bars with kyb shocks on a 65 gto clone and it too drove much better than any other a body I have drove .
Old January 3rd, 2011, 02:38 PM

yep, I had the kyb shocks as well, very nice setup, and i loved the look of the white kyb shocks.

I never got to the sway bars or bushings, but intend on doing that eventually