What's Going On?

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2009, 12:10 PM

Angry What's Going On?

I really wanna know what is the point of this site if no one is gonna actually HELP YOU with the questions that people post?! regardless if its a good question or a dumb question! I dont get how people can just read a forum and not even bother 2 put 2cents in on the question that whomever may have. I am not a master mechanic but I know a lil sumtin but its seem like when u do ask some one who is they act like the rod UP THEIR *** is 2 big for them 2 OPEN THIER MOUTH or EVEN TYPE!!!
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Trying to remember member

I think you must have posted to the wrong forum for 2 reasons:
1. Most posts for help here are answered with helpful answers.
2. There is a time and place for profanity, and this site is neither.
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:10 PM

agreed, Kurt, I love this site, I get to help people with what I know and rely on my Olds brothers (and sisters) to help me out with what I dont know.
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:14 PM

And what i have seen around here, if no response is received in a reasonable amount of time, the poster will post a quick followup message, to bring the thread back into the eyes of the ones who may know the answer. A lot of us use the "today's posts" function.
Profanity is definately a no-no...
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:15 PM
car guy

This is not going to get you anywhere. I personally post when I know the answer to a question and don't when I don't. I am sure many others do the same. On the other hand I don't get all frustated and start cussing to the board because no one posts in my thread. I am assuming you are getting pissy because no one has held your hand to give you the vacuume diagram to your car. My suggestion since you have asked it 5 times in different threads without an answer is go get a cheap chiltons manual or find someone with the same car you can take notes off of.

Also if you want to post here post with complete words as much as possible. I see a lot of previous posts with texting shorthand. Not everyone here understands it so that might be part of the lack of answers too.

Welcome to the site. There are lots of good people here. I would watch what bridges to set on fire.

There is no other good that come come from this thread so I am closing it.
Old November 20th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Viz G
I really wanna know what is the point of this site if no one is gonna actually HELP YOU with the questions that people post?! regardless if its a good question or a dumb question! I dont get how people can just read a forum and not even bother 2 put 2cents in on the question that whomever may have. I am not a master mechanic but I know a lil sumtin but its seem like when u do ask some one who is they act like the rod UP THEIR *** is 2 big for them 2 OPEN THIER MOUTH or EVEN TYPE!!!
Boy, NOW I'm motivated to help. Are you referring to this post?

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ual-choke.html

This may be a stupid question but the manual choke on a 307, I know it goes into the q-jet carb but im not sure where the other line connects???
The first problem is that this car does not have a manual choke. It has an automatic choke operated by a hot air choke stove in the exhaust crossover in the intake. The second problem is that your question is not clearly worded and unfortunately the mind reading thing STILL isn't operational. Are you asking about the two metal tubes for the hot air choke stove? The inlet goes to the top rear of the carb air horn, the other goes to a threaded fitting on the round choke housing on the side of the carb. That's how heated air is sucked into the choke housing and warms the bimetallic choke coil, causing the choke plate to open.

Then, of course, in the same thread you asked this:

also how can i set my fuel guage correctly? do i have 2 go in the tank??? to reset floater?
You might have gotten a better response had you started a different thread in the electrical forum. Again, the mind reading isn't working, so what exactly is the problem you're trying to fix? Does the fuel gauge read incorrectly? Start by disconnecting the wire from the sender. With the wire disconnected and the key on, the gauge should be all the way to one side. Now ground the wire and the gauge should swing all the way the other way. If that works, the problem is the tank sender. If it doesn't work, the problem is the gauge or wiring. And yes, if the problem is the sender, you need to drop the tank.

Finally, invest $20 in a used Chassis Service Manual for your car. It will provide answers to all your troubleshooting questions. Also, many of us are old farts and using "texting" instead of English in your posts frequently makes it hard to understand. If you're asking for free help, it's in your best interest to make it as easy as possible for others to understand you.
Old November 20th, 2009, 03:43 PM

Welcome aboard

Viz G,
Meet Joe P, gearheads78, wmachine, 1964f-85, Lady72Rob71

These are some of most knowledgeable members. Take a deep breath and be patient.

Glad your with us.
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:23 PM

Talking Welcome to CO

Cool your jets. This site has great response rate. As said above get the manuals you will need them in the future for any work you do.