Vacuum question

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2009, 05:05 AM

Vacuum question

Guys,
I have a 72 cutlass with a 350/th400 combo. I removed my tcs switch and bypassed the plug in the intake.
My question is regarding the vacuum lines to the distributor advance, and the vacuum modulator. Where should I source my vacuum for the associated items that require vacuum? Should they come from the carb or the intake? Direct lines or what?
Please help I really need to get this done.
Old May 19th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by FIJIBLUE72
Guys,
I have a 72 cutlass with a 350/th400 combo. I removed my tcs switch and bypassed the plug in the intake.
My question is regarding the vacuum lines to the distributor advance, and the vacuum modulator. Where should I source my vacuum for the associated items that require vacuum? Should they come from the carb or the intake? Direct lines or what?
Please help I really need to get this done.
The transmission vacuum modulator should always see manifold vacuum. Either use a port directly into an intake runner or a carb port that you are sure is manifold and not ported vacuum. The distributor vacuum advance can use either manifold or ported, depending on which runs better. Note that once you have opened the throttle slightly and uncovered the port in the carb, both manifold and ported vacuum are the same. It's only at idle and just off idle that they are different.