Place to buy 330 rebuilt kit.

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2012, 09:37 AM

Place to buy 330 rebuilt kit.

I'm in the process if buying a 1967 cutlass and want to rebuilt the engine close to after receiving it. I've looked around and seen a few around 300 but other than that I have a hard time finding them. I would just like to see my options and know what other people have used with success. Thanks for all your help!
Old March 25th, 2012, 08:04 PM

Generally with Olds, you have to piece together your plan. FelPro should have a pretty complete gasket kit. There are some things that are good to update (like the rear main seal). There just isn't enough market to make it plug'n'play.
Other items, like pistons, intakes, valvetrain, etc need to be sourced per your plans.

If you haven't done an Olds before, the FAQs on 442.com are a good place to start learning the peculiarities. The reference manual from Mondello is also really good, just don't buy any parts or services from them. Bill Trovato also released a book recently.
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:02 PM

I haven't used them but heard good thing about egge's speed shop egges.com they have a good inventory with complete kits and cool videos about their in house manufacturing. Mondello is hit and miss unless you live near them like I do so face to face they are decent also I don't think they have much for the 330. You can also find a lot of your parts at your local store Napa, Oreilly, Autozone mostly they have to order but the no shipping is always good. Supercarsunlimited.com is a fantastic place to shop I ordered a timing cover and got it only 3 days later and their prices are some of the best I thought they were pro's by their service and for some of us the service means a lot. Then you have Fusick's they are well respected on here and I've order little things like mounts and hardware and the quality was good, service was good, quick, and efficient.

Hope these names help goo luck!
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:55 PM

There are rebuilt kits available on both, Kanter.com and supercarsunlimited.com! I just don't know anything about the quality. usapartssupply might also have some parts you need.
Good luck with the build and please let us know, which parts you chose Maybe it'll help some others in the future (me included )
Dan
Old March 26th, 2012, 06:10 AM

Thank guys! I think I'm going to hold back on the rebuild for the moment. Just got the car Saturday and it runs like a dream so I'm going to try to focus on some other parts of it. I'll post some pics in the newbe forum for everyone to see.