The Ol'girl still has the stuff!

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2009, 04:29 PM

The Ol'girl still has the stuff!

I did'nt know where to put this so I dropped it in here.

I took the '72 out for a spin today. It is still too cool for the top down but I wanted to exercise her a bit and it was sunny and dry today so we went for a little drive.

I pulled up to an intersection, a 4 lane crossing a 2 lane, with stop light. I was on the 2 lane and turning right, on to the 4 lane. The light had just changed to red for the cross (4 lane) traffic. I hesitated a second before turning and noticed that the on coming left turn lane was moving.

I sat there a little too long and the first car was making the trun in my direction. Call it Hot *******, or show off, or whatever you want, for whatever reason I punched it. I wasn't going to wait for all those left trun lane vehicles to pass.

Well let me tell you, she screamed like a scalded cat!!! I was at 60MPH and climbing before I knew it. What a rush!!! I haden't done that in 30+ years.

I didin't light up the tires, the old girl just ain't got the stuff for that but she can sure scream like a banshee. I don't know what the people at the intersection thought but I was so proud I was about to bust!

I'm running a Rocket 350 with a 4 barrel. All original, never opened up, no carburator work.

Well, I gues that meant more to me that it will to any one reading this but I just had to put it in print.

May all your trips, small or large, be as rewarding as my little drive this afternoon!
Old May 9th, 2009, 05:37 PM

Good for you.
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:15 AM
zed

It's fun to do a little hot doggin' now and then! Don't wait another 30 years... lol
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:23 AM

This is were Jamsbo saying comes in: "Growing old is mandatory,Growing up is optional"