Good place to get carburetor kits?

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2020, 11:51 PM
Tubbed out 1972 Cutlass S

Good place to get carburetor kits?

Hello. I Live in Southern Ontario and Im looking for a carburetor kit for a 350 Rocket engine 4BBL carburetor. Ive check online, just can't quite find what im looking for. Boarders r closed so cant cross the ditch for parts. If anyone knows of some local shops or great website to get this kit from it would be greatly appreciated. Currently dont have any pics available to show but I can get some if need be.If theres any other info need all try my best to answer them. Thanks in advance.
Jesse
Old September 2nd, 2020, 12:54 AM

I buy my kits from Cliff Ruggles, besides quality parts, he's the best source for advice on Quadrajets. Everyday Performance seems to have a good reputation and I've bought separate items from Quadrajet Parts. I'm sure many people on this site have their favorite vendors.

https://cliffshighperformance.com/
http://www.everyday-performance.com/index.htm
https://quadrajetparts.com/rochester...jet-c-128.html
Old September 2nd, 2020, 04:56 AM
Out of Line, Everytime😉

I agree, I had my carb built by Everyday Performance and bought parts off the other two. All good experiences. Parts can cross the border, just not people.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 05:59 AM

Don't know about canada, but the local parts stores in the US can still order rebuild kits. They just look them up on the computer. The kits are nothing special, but they have everything you need and are cheap.

I used to use those for all the fiddly small parts that you don't often need, then buy quality gaskets and unique parts from quadrajetparts.com or Ruggles.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 06:14 AM
Old(s) Fart

RockAuto sells the Hygrade kits made by Standard Motor Products, which are perfectly fine. If you still have a plastic float, plan on installing a replacement when you rebuild the carb as a preventative measure. RA sells them also.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 10:09 AM

I bought my most recent rebuild kit from this site.

https://quadrajetparts.com/
Old September 2nd, 2020, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
RockAuto sells the Hygrade kits made by Standard Motor Products, which are perfectly fine.
I agree, those are what I have used since the 1980s and never any issues with them.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 04:44 PM

I have used https://www.daytonaparts.com/ for carb kits. They come with the pump assy. ready to use as a complete unit unlike the Hygrade kits. The Hygrade kits require you to use the old spring and the spring under the cup. I am referencing the Hygrade 385C @GC kits which I use to use until I found Daytone Parts. Their pump cup is a red ethanol resistant unit that is very nice.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 04:47 PM

If you are close to Jarvis, then try Al Moffat. Does multiple carbs also. You are a prime prospect for a subscription to Old Autos.ca. The car newspaper from the heart of beautiful downtown Bothwell. If I knew where you were I could be more helpful. Several carb places around the GTA (big smoke).
Old September 2nd, 2020, 04:59 PM

I got my carb rebuilt years ago from al moffit in Jarvis. Does a good job. I have rebuilt my engine since and ordered some parts through cliff ruggles. Jets etc. Still get parts over the border just can’t go to your US mailbox for now.
Old September 3rd, 2020, 11:22 PM
Tubbed out 1972 Cutlass S

Thanks to eveyone who replied. I will be searching up all these places to find the right kit. Much appreciated.
Not to sure as to why I never got any notificationa for any of your replies, as I have it set that way to receive them once added.🤷‍♂️

Last edited by Elite Carpentry; September 3rd, 2020 at 11:29 PM.