1971 cutlass convert. 350

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2012, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
Quit making assumptions. I'm tired of you guys hounding me.
We are forced to make assumptions due to your posting habits. Do you know how often you follow up one post with another on the same subject.

You stated, "I can only imagine how hard it is for you guys when you have to crawl underneath and install them."

That implies that you don't have to. And unless you are REALLY short or have REALLY tall jackstands, you are crawling underneath them.

You have problems with other guys, yet none of it is your fault. Your posts are full of errors and often times difficult to understand. You contradict and add info. We were talking about your blown engine for a long time, and you add "Oh yeah, I forgot, I had 5 cracked skirts" Really?

If you want guys to respect your opinion, stop arguing with everybody who disagrees with you. All I stated was that I thought headers were a hassle and not worth the trouble and expense. And you go on and on about it. And take a little time on your posts, make them clear, concise, and complete. Remember, you insulted me several times.
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Chevy budget Olds powered

No one ever complained about more info. I'm not gonna post every little detail and waste time if no one wants to hear it. If someone wants more info I'll fill em in. You actually made a made a sarcastic remark towards another poster saying if he knew best something along those lines. Quiet honestly you guys are a joke you are the only person who goes around adding your two cents to everything I post. I said headers where easy and he might as well get it out of the way now. You contradict me and others pretty much say we are dumb and spending more money etc. It takes two to tango so you aint no better than me. So I forget to post some info. But when you ask I fill you in don't I ? I don't always have every little detail on my mind. Between worki 12hr days and all the other bs that goes on in my life yes little details will slip through the cracks. So with all due respect go pound sand. All I did was put my 2 cents in. So go do something productive besides antagonizing people. This started with you. All I said was headers would not hurt and you decide to say I make comments like this etc. Etc. Sorry but the headers won't hurt and you can buy decent headers cheap. I also explained my header gasket cost over 5 years, and how I found it easy to do them on jack stands. To me it seems you are just trying to not look like an idiot but if u read through all the post I didn't give mis leading info. You read into a lot of things that aren't there. So what ever grudge you got against me is best if you drop it because you have the issue with me. I don't go around pushing your buttons. Yet any little thing I say you tear into it and turn a mole hill into a mountain.

Last edited by coppercutlass; August 11th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Out of Line, Everytime😉

You guys act civil, this guy is looking for advice. Headers are pain but a big improvement, especially if he rebuilds with flat top pistons, head work and a cam upgrade.
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:40 AM

"Won't hurt" is not reason enough to spend the money or time, IMO.
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by olds 307 and 403
You guys act civil, this guy is looking for advice. Headers are pain but a big improvement, especially if he rebuilds with flat top pistons, head work and a cam upgrade.
Yes they are, I agree and said as much. I still believe that are NOT on a stock engine. The open divider especially neghates the value on Olds engines, along with the tiny cam, IMO.

I also suggested 2 ways tys to research and proceed with his project, IMO.
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Well if you spend the money now you can re use the headers and if you enjoy working on the car installing the headers and exhaust is a matter of a weekend project. What's wrong with that he can re use both of those. So it takes some work like everything else I don't know to you what is so hard about installing headers. If you take your time and not rush it most people would be fine. I did my headers when I had little experince on older cars. It took me 5 hours and that's with adding a new exhaust.

Last edited by coppercutlass; August 11th, 2012 at 11:49 AM.