Site Suggestions Post your suggestions or ideas here on how we could improve ClassicOldsmobile.com.

Starfire Forum

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2009, 07:13 AM

Starfire Forum

I would like to see a starfire form,I think that there is room for this on here and we should hear from other starfire owners about this or if using the 88 section or the other section is enough.Just a thought.
Old January 18th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Oldsdruid

Well- first off we need to know how many Starfire folks are here who would use it.

Two 1964 coupes here.

Then you have to distinguish between 1950s Ninety Eight Starfires, 61-66 B-body Starfires, and 75-80 H-body Starfires. Would you want to include the Jetstar I and 67-68 Delta Customs (a Starfire for all practical purposes)?

I'm all for it, just don't know how much participation you'd get. Plus I kinda like having them mixed in with everything else as it exposes them to people who might not know they exist.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Oldskeeper
I would like to see a starfire form,I think that there is room for this on here and we should hear from other starfire owners about this or if using the 88 section or the other section is enough.Just a thought.
I would love to see your Starfire. Do you have pics?
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:08 AM
Past Administrator

What rocketraider said is the reason we didn't go as far as starting a starfire sub-forum. Oldsmobile has done this kind of thing more than once. For instance, we discussed categorizing by body styles, but then where does the Cutlass go? In A body, or G body? Paul just made some major changes to the site recently and I think it looks good. It would be very difficult to find a niche for every name Oldsmobile used, the forum tree would look like a crossword puzzle.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
Toro68

I would like to get my dad's old 63 Starfire back.

Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM

Following your logic than why is there 3 forums for cutlass,to me a 442 and H/O are still a cutlass?I feel that a starfire has seperate issues that an 88 or 98 would not,maybe if this was moved to general we might get more imput.(I'm not knocking cutlass some of my best friends drive them)
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:11 PM

I have often wondered why there isnt a starfire page but now im not sure we need one

I would hate to miss somthing good on the other parts of the forum
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
car guy

I catch everything because I just look at new posts anytime I sign in. A lot of people don't do that and just look for a catagory. Its of my opinion having so many sub forums hurts more than it helps. I think it should be broken up more to type of information than to specific cars.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:13 PM

Newbie would love to see a Starfire forum. I could still surf the rest of the site but drill down to Starfire if I want to. I recently purchased a 64 starfire and need all the help I can get with the resto. Here is a pic

Last edited by 64starfireme; January 23rd, 2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Pic did not post?
Old January 25th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by gearheads78
I catch everything because I just look at new posts anytime I sign in. A lot of people don't do that and just look for a catagory. Its of my opinion having so many sub forums hurts more than it helps. I think it should be broken up more to type of information than to specific cars.
I agree, and a post I just made in this forum in reply on a thread you started says as much.
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:31 AM

the other title (starfire)seems to make me feel like the kid that was picked last in pe
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gearheads78

I do the same and agree, half the time I don't even know were I am.

I've seen a lot of 4-4-2's that were a Cutlass at one time.
Old February 9th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Oldskeeper
Would that be B-body Starfires or H-body Starfires?

Or the 98 Starfire from the 50s?
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a F-85 a cutlass
so it should go in that category

and the b body starfires are basically an upgraded 88 and should be listed with the big Oldsmobile's this is just my opinion
thanks