Site Suggestions Post your suggestions or ideas here on how we could improve ClassicOldsmobile.com.

New Navbar announcement

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Past Administrator

New Navbar announcement

This is from our friend Nolan at IB

"We are pleased to announce and updated navigational bar! This new bar allows for easier navigation to the forum sections and highlights useful sections of the site.

We have moved several links such as the Encyclopedia, Olds Tech, and Olds Junction to the Tech Tools section and will remove the existing links from the lower nav bar this week.

There is also a new far right user menu which gives quick access to the user control panel and recent topics that have been posted to the forum."

dan
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Thanks for letting us know, Dan. Sometimes these changes can seem very mysterious.

- Eric
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:10 AM

Is it just me, or has there been a change in how pics are viewed? What I mean is, used to be, when I clicked on a set of pics to view them, I could them look at each of them in turn by clicking on 'next', or 'prev'. Now, when I click on a pic, I get taken to that pic, but have to go back to the thread to view any additional pics.......???
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:12 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by RandyS
Is it just me, or has there been a change in how pics are viewed? What I mean is, used to be, when I clicked on a set of pics to view them, I could them look at each of them in turn by clicking on 'next', or 'prev'. Now, when I click on a pic, I get taken to that pic, but have to go back to the thread to view any additional pics.......???
Yup and it sucks
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:22 AM

Glad others have this problem, I thought it was my computer. Please fix as it is very annoying. Thanks.
Old April 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

They should plan to advance notify the site and ask for input before implementing this stuff. That nav bar has been out almost a week now.
Old April 16th, 2013, 11:58 AM

X4 on the pic problem.
Old April 16th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

At first I thought it was just my puter, but seeing how many of us seem to be upset with the pic viewing?

X5

I'd rather see the pics to back to being easier to view than worry about a new nav bar.
Old April 16th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Oldsdruid

If the guy was really our friend he would eliminate that damn kontera thing once and for all. I can block it at home but if I want to look at CO at work IE will completely freeze for sometimes up to 2 minutes while that hateful-*** thing selects the keywords it wants to highlight- which have nothing at all to do with the product being pushed. I cannot block it or turn it off there.

I can promise that based on the unwanted kontera ads I will never even consider a Volkswagen, a Cadillac or a Chevy pickup. Bad enough it flashes the pop-up but twice today it has taken me directly to the Chevy truck website when I inadvertently rolled over the highlight.
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by rocketraider
If the guy was really our friend........
He is part of the team that brings us C.O. Without them we wouldn't have this site. I realize there are things that could use improvement and they are working on it. He PM'd me yesterday about their ongoing efforts.
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:38 AM

X6 on the pic problem
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
He is part of the team that brings us C.O. Without them we wouldn't have this site. I realize there are things that could use improvement and they are working on it. He PM'd me yesterday about their ongoing efforts.
I think the vast majority of us appreciate C.O. for the value it brings the community. Anything you can share about the improvements they are working on? Are you in the loop for input to their efforts?
Old April 18th, 2013, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by randys
is it just me, or has there been a change in how pics are viewed? What i mean is, used to be, when i clicked on a set of pics to view them, i could them look at each of them in turn by clicking on 'next', or 'prev'. Now, when i click on a pic, i get taken to that pic, but have to go back to the thread to view any additional pics.......???
Originally Posted by gearheads78
yup and it sucks
Originally Posted by rocketbrian
glad others have this problem, i thought it was my computer. Please fix as it is very annoying. Thanks.
Originally Posted by m371961
x4 on the pic problem.
Originally Posted by allan r
at first i thought it was just my puter, but seeing how many of us seem to be upset with the pic viewing?
X5
i'd rather see the pics to back to being easier to view than worry about a new nav bar.
Originally Posted by alex72cutty
x6 on the pic problem
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by Allan R
I think the vast majority of us appreciate C.O. for the value it brings the community. Anything you can share about the improvements they are working on? Are you in the loop for input to their efforts?
Not in the loop, but I do get updates. We can certainly share the feedback we get from our site, and we do.
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

So can you forward our 'concerns' about the pics to them? It would be greatly appreciated.
Old April 20th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Past Administrator

Sure, I try to keep this stuff in the loop. I am kind of lazy and usually copy/paste a thread url and then add a few words of my own. That way they get the raw data.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:51 AM
Past Administrator

Ok guys, the tech people at IB worked on this. The photo issue with IE should be solved for logged in users and the pics should load without the kontera client breaking the link. Let me know how it works for you and I will in turn let IB know.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:38 AM

The major issue with the 'Attached Thumbnails' is not fixed. You are still taken to a new page when you click on a pic, instead of opening the pic on the current page with the option to move to the 'Next' or 'Prev' pic.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:27 AM
car guy

The major issue with the 'Attached Thumbnails' is not fixed. You are still taken to a new page when you click on a pic, instead of opening the pic on the current page with the option to move to the 'Next' or 'Prev' pic.
this
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Agree 100%. That was also discussed in another thread with the vast majority of members echoing this issue. That's really the only issue I have with the site - 'attached thumbnail' viewing as per RandyS comment.
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:15 AM

I think a new post tab needs to be added to the new nav bar as well
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM
"Trying to fix her right"

Originally Posted by Allan R
Agree 100%. That was also discussed in another thread with the vast majority of members echoing this issue. That's really the only issue I have with the site - 'attached thumbnail' viewing as per RandyS comment.
X2!!! Also for some reason, I can only add 1 pic per post while using my Ipad.
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Past Administrator

I let Nolan know about your feedback guys. Thanks for helping.