Site Suggestions Post your suggestions or ideas here on how we could improve ClassicOldsmobile.com.

Best Oldsmobile of the month

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2011, 12:25 AM

Lightbulb Best Oldsmobile of the month

Hey, just throwing this out there.

As most of you know, I have a 2000 Alero. With that, I'm also the Alero Chapter of OCA Secertay, and I own 25% of Aleromod.com

We do something over on Aleromod and I have since taken it over since I bought the site with 3 other Oldsmobile nuts. It's called "Alero Of The Month" (called AOTM for short)

Each month has a theme, right now voting just started for "Best track/racing shot" Other themes are Best Winter, Best holiday, Best Beach, Best Interior, and so on.

Since I started running this part of the site, I post the thread to get pics up around the 20th and give everybody 5 days to get a pic posted on the thread (which I usually restrict comments because the thread can end up being 5 pages long and I could lose track of a pic), then on the around the 25th 26th, the pic thread is closed and the voting thread is opened and people on the site vote, and comment, for what they think is the best pic. Voting lasts until the 30th or 31st, then on the 1st, the pic is posted on the front page

the winner every month, their pic is put up on the home page for everybody to see when they open Aleromod.

Just an idea
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Redog
Hey, just throwing this out there.

As most of you know, I have a 2000 Alero. With that, I'm also the Alero Chapter of OCA Secertay, and I own 25% of Aleromod.com

We do something over on Aleromod and I have since taken it over since I bought the site with 3 other Oldsmobile nuts. It's called "Alero Of The Month" (called AOTM for short)

Each month has a theme, right now voting just started for "Best track/racing shot" Other themes are Best Winter, Best holiday, Best Beach, Best Interior, and so on.

Since I started running this part of the site, I post the thread to get pics up around the 20th and give everybody 5 days to get a pic posted on the thread (which I usually restrict comments because the thread can end up being 5 pages long and I could lose track of a pic), then on the around the 25th 26th, the pic thread is closed and the voting thread is opened and people on the site vote, and comment, for what they think is the best pic. Voting lasts until the 30th or 31st, then on the 1st, the pic is posted on the front page

the winner every month, their pic is put up on the home page for everybody to see when they open Aleromod.

Just an idea

Cool idea. It would be a way to see all the fine cars here. I like the idea especially over the winter months. I don't want to rain on your parade, because I really think it's a good idea, however, Alero's are all the same except for colour and maybe some personalized wheels. The cars here would have to be in classes akin to the nationals I think.

Could a 50's survivor 4 door sedan (never restored but in excellent condition) ever stand a chance against a fully restored 70 W30? Probably not, so those survivor guys might not want to post knowing most people would pic the W30.

That 4 door sedan may show the dedication of its owner over the last 40-50 years. The W30 may have been bought last month by a rich guy off a rich guy who had a ground up. You can't put the two against each other without classes. That's almost as bad as a 2011 Camaro winning best of show. It could even be a rental car! But if people want this who am I to argue? Now, what mod wants to look after this.....?