Site Help Ask your questions here about how to use the site.

Please delete my user name etc.

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2014, 08:07 PM

Please delete my user name etc.

I don't want to be an active user any longer and I want all of my info off the site. The last 3 people that wanted to buy parts or needed parts just wasted my time.

Searched for the parts .............sent photos...........gave shipping quotes. Was told that I needed them etc. One guy said he wouldn't have the money for 2 weeks.......................... I said no problem. Sent a courtesy email to ask if still interested. Never heard back. The same person actually sent me another e-mail prior to all of that and asked for me to send photos,,,,,,,,,,,I had to remind them I already did.......................next was a guy needed a hinge............after 3 weeks and waiting for the paypal payment...........that I was told his wife had the account not him ............I followed up and was told "I thought I contacted you and I fixed my old one".

Anyway done wasting my time here.................

Thanks for the memories...........................

Please make me a non active member.

Thanks.

Last edited by oldcutlass; August 16th, 2014 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Removed member names
Old August 16th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Justin

Sorry to hear

I have bought many parts over the last few years, some I have backed out of found cheaper or something came up life happens and projects seem to be back burner. just my opinion
A few bad deal but how many good ones have you had ?
Old August 16th, 2014, 08:26 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad experences. I wish this site could have a buyer/seller feedback rating,so one could see if buyer/seller is on the up and up. I have bought quite a few items here,all with good luck. Good luck . Bassinguy
Old August 16th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I will admit that my experience selling stuff on here sucks. I don't try and list stuff for sale. I have replied to some people who were looking for different items. I drug them out of the attic and took pictures and then nothing happens. Some of the people are no longer active on here but one is on here all the time. Most of the items were not much money and I was doing it to help somebody out. I don't waste my time anymore.
Old August 16th, 2014, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
I will admit that my experience selling stuff on here sucks. I don't try and list stuff for sale. I have replied to some people who were looking for different items. I drug them out of the attic and took pictures and then nothing happens. Some of the people are no longer active on here but one is on here all the time. Most of the items were not much money and I was doing it to help somebody out. I don't waste my time anymore.
reoldsman That is how I got most if not all of the parts that I was looking for. I had one CO user say that he was not trying to steal a sale from another person,but if he did not have the part he did. That is why I like this forum.
Old August 16th, 2014, 09:12 PM

Sorry for your bad experiences. I sell Cutlass/A body parts for a living & I just consider it a cost of doing business. Some bark, some bite.
Hope things work out well for you what ever you decide.
Scott
Old August 16th, 2014, 09:25 PM

Honestly, ebay is probably a better site if your main goal is selling things. BTW, craigslist is probably one step below here.
Old August 16th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by 197064buickspec
I don't want to be an active user any longer and I want all of my info off the site.
Sorry, Man, didn't anyone tell you? The only way you leave ClassicOlds is in a box.

If you want out, you'd better join Witness Protection... and start driving a Simca.

- Eric
Old August 16th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Administrator

I edited your thread and removed the member names you mentioned as they did nothing against the rules.

I've been selling cars for a living for about 15 years and have way more stories of woe than you. It's just the way it is. My advice is never make a decision when your pissed off, give it some time. If you still want to be deleted in a few days pm me.

Just a note, if all your after in this site is trying to just sell parts, then I agree your probably going to be disappointed. I read through most of your threads, I also agree theres not much of a response to your listings.
Old August 17th, 2014, 06:09 AM

Selling parts isn't always the easiest thing to do and not everyone follows through with the deal. Sometimes they find a better part, a better price, or both. Sometimes they just change their minds. And sometimes, they're just tire kickers.

I have had my fair share of issue selling parts on this forum and on Craigslist. It seams people are always searching for the best deal on the best part. I do the same. But I have met a lot of very good people and I really enjoy the hobby. I buy parts on this site for my own projects and I sell parts on this site as well.

Thank you to everyone,
You guys allow me the opportunity to continue to search out and buy 1969-72 Cutlass cars and parts.
Old August 17th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

From Newfoundland to Alberta to Texas to Alabama to Indiana to New York, I have bought and sold parts on CO and have NEVER had a problem...
Sorry for your negative experiences.....
Now,I have to PM a member who has some parts 4 sale.....
Old August 17th, 2014, 06:30 AM

I also sell 64 to 72 cutlass parts on this forum, I have also met and talked to a lot of good people on classic olds, for the most part its been a good experience

also want to say thanks to everyone for buying parts off me, helps me pay for my classic car and drag racing addiction
Old August 17th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Old School Olds

Agree with both posts above.
I have sold to Ted and also bought
from olds3442. All positive, thanks guys.

I have had some folks drag their
feet, so to speak, but that is all
just part of the game. Keep that
in mind and stay awhile longer.
Best of luck if you do decide to drop out.
Old August 17th, 2014, 05:08 PM

If anyone finds that part sale outlet where all sales are guaranteed, buyers keep good contact, you get good money, never a delay, people always want what you have, please let me know.
Old August 17th, 2014, 05:37 PM

I have sold here for several years now. Like others have said, that is the cost of doing business. At times it can be frustrating but you just have to roll with it. The more you sell the better relationship you will get with other members. I (and others here) am to the point now that people contact me for parts i don't even have listed. I will add, with posts like this under your belt it will make it even harder to sell parts.
Have you ever sold on Craigslist? If so then you should know that this place is a breeze compared to that mess.
People make a living or in my case a supplement living off this stuff. With as many people doing it with good results maybe you should re evaluate if selling is what you want to do at all. Good luck
Old August 17th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Eric I have bought a couple things from you and from John (2blu442). You guys are top notch. I am not really a seller on here so I probably should not have even posted. I just don't respond anymore unless it would be somebody like you.
Old August 17th, 2014, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by mdchanic
sorry, man, didn't anyone tell you? The only way you leave classicolds is in a box.

If you want out, you'd better join witness protection... And start driving a simca.

- eric

lol
Old August 18th, 2014, 01:25 AM

I've bought parts from members on here and happy with the parts,now selling that's a little different, one deal the guy wanted it for nothing and yesterday.You got to just roll with it.Nick
Old August 18th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Registered Luser

Funny....he had a set of Hotchkis springs for sale here. When I asked him for a total price, he got back to me a few days later with the total....so far, no problem. I replied that although the shipping was a little steep, I would still take them, and would PayPal him the money over the weekend. He then replied that he changed his mind and wasn't selling them anymore. Guess it was a good thing I didn't send the money right away.....
Old August 18th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Runner

I've sold and bought cars on CO and always had great experiences. My ebay and craigslist transactions have also been very good. Just remember, don't mark anything as sold or ship anything off until you actually have the money.
Old August 18th, 2014, 08:12 AM

My experiences buying here have been great. I haven't bought much but everyone did what was expected in a timely manner at the agreed on price, I'm a happy camper....Tedd
Old August 18th, 2014, 09:11 AM

I have got great responce form the Wanted section here way more than I thought i would . To the guys who can dig this stuff Up Thanks
Old August 18th, 2014, 09:41 AM
major noob

I admit I've been guilty of said backing out
Old August 18th, 2014, 11:13 AM

Don't think I would sop being a memeber of CO because of a bad selling experience, I'd just stop selling here. I have listed parts here form time to time and have gotten the run around from some people. I've learned most of my parts sell on other forums proabably because of what they are. I've also had lots of good purchase experiences here with Scott(oldspackrat). You have to take the good with the bad I guess.
Old August 18th, 2014, 12:22 PM

[QUOTE=MDchanic;734536]Sorry, Man, didn't anyone tell you? The only way you leave ClassicOlds is in a box.

If you want out, you'd better join Witness Protection... and start driving a Simca.

- Eric[/QUOTE

Its not that hard to get out. Trust me on that one!
Old August 18th, 2014, 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=f-85;735085]
Originally Posted by MDchanic
Sorry, Man, didn't anyone tell you? The only way you leave ClassicOlds is in a box.

- Eric[/QUOTE

Its not that hard to get out. Trust me on that one!
But yet here you are Ready to get rid of them sharp covers yet ??
Old August 19th, 2014, 12:37 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

If I don't like the way a forum runs I simply stop using it.

Roger.
Old August 19th, 2014, 07:28 AM
"Trying to fix her right"

That's funny, I've tried to buy parts for this guy in the past. I believe it was for a set of front controll arms. After long delays in responses, and very vague replays, he told me he was just going to scrap the parts. These were in pretty good condition and I really could have used them but he decided to take them to the scrap yard instead. Seemed kind of a shitty thing to do for parts that someone could use, but whatever. I just decided to never do business with this guy in the future. There are better more reliable and professional sellers on this sight (some of who responded to this post) to do business with. So take this for what it's worth.
Old August 19th, 2014, 08:44 AM

This is The Hotel California, you can never leave.
Old August 19th, 2014, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by oldspackrat
Sorry for your bad experiences. I sell Cutlass/A body parts for a living & I just consider it a cost of doing business. Some bark, some bite.
Hope things work out well for you what ever you decide.
Scott

I've bought parts from Olds Packrat and had no issues. Good prices, reasonable shipping and great pics and descriptions. I have also gotten parts from others here too with no problems. You will get tire kickers and time wasters every time you go to sell something. I have put house hold items or used tires on Craigslist and man do the creeps come out...

Last edited by cutlassjoe; August 19th, 2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: added more infom
Old August 19th, 2014, 09:40 AM

When I have a buyer back out, or a seller fail to follow thru as happened recently, I just use that part of my faint memory that forgets stuff- it works great. There, no problem. Press on.

I can only hope that others can forgive me my trespasses as well.
Old August 19th, 2014, 09:59 AM

I have had nothing but good experience on CO buying and selling parts. There are many reputable people here.
Old August 19th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by cutlassjoe
I've bought parts from Olds Packrat and had no issues. Good prices, reasonable shipping and great pics and descriptions. I have also gotten parts from others here too with no problems. You will get tire kickers and time wasters every time you go to sell something. I have put house hold items or used tires on Craigslist and man do the creeps come out...
Ummmm I still have the wing .....ummmm....crappy sellers
Old August 19th, 2014, 11:19 AM
"Trying to fix her right"

Originally Posted by cutlassjoe
i've bought parts from olds packrat and had no issues. Good prices, reasonable shipping and great pics and descriptions. I have also gotten parts from others here too with no problems. You will get tire kickers and time wasters every time you go to sell something. I have put house hold items or used tires on craigslist and man do the creeps come out...
x2
Old August 19th, 2014, 12:47 PM

I just bought a set of 1972 442 grills from a member here(I won't list his user name because business was conducted via pm). They arrived a week ago and one grill was cracked. I sent him an email with a picture of the crack. When I got home yesterday the replacement grill, shipped from Virginia, was waiting on my front steps.

No questions asked. No haggling. He just sent another, probably that same day. A seller with honor and someone who takes pride in his reputation. It wasn't all about the almighty dollar. Pretty awesome.

Gotta love Classic Olds.

PM for his user name. He deserves the business.
Old August 19th, 2014, 02:57 PM
72 Olds CS

so am i to understand that this username is now availible ? sweet i wanted that name when I signed up but it was taken
Old August 19th, 2014, 04:48 PM

197064buickspecial just doesn't strike me as a real Oldsmobile guy it's not like he selected 197064oldsmobilef85 as a user name!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry
Old August 19th, 2014, 05:44 PM
"me somebody" site member

What's in a name?.
Old August 19th, 2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by dfire25
That's funny, I've tried to buy parts for this guy in the past. I believe it was for a set of front controll arms. After long delays in responses, and very vague replays, he told me he was just going to scrap the parts. These were in pretty good condition and I really could have used them but he decided to take them to the scrap yard instead. Seemed kind of a shitty thing to do for parts that someone could use, but whatever. I just decided to never do business with this guy in the future. There are better more reliable and professional sellers on this sight (some of who responded to this post) to do business with. So take this for what it's worth.

I think if you're allowed to trash 197064buickspec then he should not have had his original post edited to remove those who HE had issues with.

What's fair is fair.

oldcutlass ??????
Old August 19th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Registered Luser

I have to agree with Mike here. I was looking forward to putting those springs in my Vista. Sucks that buickspecial backed out on me. Probably no need to delete the names in his last post. Maybe need to delete all his parts for sale threads....?

Quick Reply: Please delete my user name etc.