Site Help Ask your questions here about how to use the site.

still learning

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2009, 05:08 PM

still learning

i am still trying to load pictures but it said my pictures are to big. don't know what that means. i know that everyone wants pictures but i will have to fiddle with it more. any help or pointers would be great. Ron Memmer just left with the 67 442 i got last week.
Old February 8th, 2009, 05:13 PM

It means the file is too large. You could link from a site like photo bucket or when you take a pic with your digital camera turn down the picture quality setting, that will shrink the file size and you should be able to load them up, hope this helps you out.
Old February 8th, 2009, 05:19 PM

I think you will find all of the tips, tricks, and hints in this post:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-pictures.html

The biggest hint is to set your camera to produce pictures that are about 1MB average. This may take experimentation...
This allows both the forum software to downconvert it and it is still big enough for you to zoom in on later on your own. I have seen this site upload a photo as big as 1.4MB. Anything bigger would cause it to freak out and give up...
Old February 8th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Here is one way you can do it:
  1. Go to www.imageshack.us
  2. Click the "Browse" button, and choose the photo you want to upload.
  3. You should see a check box that says "resize image?" and it will have a drop down menu. Click the box so there is a check mark in it and choose "640x480 (for message boards)."
  4. Then click the button that says "host it!"
  5. You should now have been redirected to a new webpage that will have a small version of the photo you uploaded and a bunch of boxes. It looks like this:
  6. Click one of the boxes so it turns blue like above, and then right click that blue box and pick "copy."
  7. Then when you come to this forum and post a reply, you click the insert image button (the one that is yellow and looks like a mountain), and then right click in the box that pops up and choose "Paste," then press the OK button. And then you when you submit your reply it should show up.
Old February 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM

You could also open your pictures in a photo viewer on your computer and re-size them. Use a program like Adobe Photoshop or a generic program that came with your computer!!!