Site Help Ask your questions here about how to use the site.

Need a little help please/cant upload video

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2020, 11:25 AM

Need a little help please/cant upload video

I wanted to contribute something to a thread but the system wont let me upload the video, when I cut and paste the URL it does not show up in the box, the upload immediately goes to 50% stops and I get a error message that says" incomplete URL" ( even though I can paste it in other applications and it works fine ) it is a complete URL containing the https// I even tried the [img] addition , no luck. If I try to manually input the URL in to the box it accepts the first character only and will not accept anything else !! I can of course cut and paste the URL in to the text of my post and it shows up blue as it should but I want to post the video !! what an I doing wrong ? I have no problems posting photos from the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS page but videos no luck. HELP !!
Old December 17th, 2020, 09:59 PM

You might want to try the following. It won't show up here as a screen like Youtube videos do. Instead, it'll supply a link for anyone to click on and the video will be viewed from a separate window. This is only one of several video upload providers: www.bitchute.com
Old June 16th, 2021, 05:30 PM

MP4 format is the most widespread and any system supports video in MP4 format. The download error may be due to a file that is too large. It may sound trite, but try to crop the video first. The entire editing process should be perfectly optimized and done in one program. For me, the only and unique program is only movs. There you can not only trim the video, but also make a full-fledged editing.
You can find out more about this and other programs here https://www.movavi.com/learning-port...4-editors.html.
Old June 16th, 2021, 05:57 PM
Running On Empty

Cutting & pasting a URL is NOT the same as UPLOADING a video. In fact, it is NOT the same as UPLOADING 'anything'. You upload a video from your device (phone, iPad, PC, tablet, etc.). You cannot upload a video or any file from a URL. A URL is a hypertext transfer protocol which "links" an object to another object (in this case a site, specifically the CO site). Therefore, don't think of uploading anything when you're attempting to embed a URL because embedding a URL has nothing to to with uploading anything. Hope that make sense to you.

EDIT: So, if you want to upload a video, the video MUST be located on your device and be under 10MB.
Old June 16th, 2021, 06:03 PM
Running On Empty

Ah buggers....I suckered myself into this thread. I didn't realize the thread was nearly one year old.