Right rear lower door molding for '55 88

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2018, 03:48 PM

Right rear lower door molding for '55 88

Hi All

​​​​​​Wondering if anyone has a passenger side rear lower door molding for a 4 door '55 Super 88 in reasonably good shape that they would be willing to part with. The ones that I've found so far all have had a screw driven through the front end of the molding to secure it to the door..including the one on my car. Looking for a less molested specimen than that.
Just to clarify, this is the horizontal molding running straight across the door, not the swoop mildong that runs up to the window.

Thanks in advance

Dan
Old June 24th, 2018, 05:23 PM

Hi Dan
You said you need the horizontal piece, is it the one where these clips run? If so I probably have it, but am not sure where I put it. Can you post or email me pictures of your damaged one for me to match, and I'll keep an eye out for it? If you could measure the length and send me that too it'll help. John

Old June 25th, 2018, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Hi Dan
You said you need the horizontal piece, is it the one where these clips run? If so I probably have it, but am not sure where I put it. Can you post or email me pictures of your damaged one for me to match, and I'll keep an eye out for it? If you could measure the length and send me that too it'll help. John

Thanks John

I thought I had PM'd you last night. I didnt realize until today that it never went through. Yes, the molding im looking for would sit right where you're pointing to in the pictures. It should be about 37 3/4" long. Sorry, i dont have a pic of mine...i dont even have it anymore. Besids having a huge ugly screw driven through one end, it also suffered further mangling when the shelf it was sitting on in my garage gave way and pretty much bent the molding in half. That poor molding had a rough life.

I appreciate the quick reply and look forward to hearing back from you.

Dan
Old July 4th, 2018, 11:17 AM

I found the trim piece. It does have one significant dent, and light scratches that need buffed out. You can also see where the inside lip is slightly pulled out when I removed it from the clips that stayed on the door. I'm thinking they can easily be straightened, but the one dent will be hard to take out. If this will work for you I'd take $15 plus shipping for it. If you want to keep looking for a dent free piece you can keep this in the back of your mind as a backup. John

This is the only dent, but I'm sharing two different angles from the front and one from the back.

Old July 4th, 2018, 12:35 PM

Thanks John. Looks good. Just sent another PM with my address.

Dan