General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Buick Site

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2017, 03:20 PM

Buick Site

Does anyone know if Buick has a site like this and what it's called? A friend of mine is in the middle of a 225 Electra project and he's looking for parts.
Old January 9th, 2017, 03:26 PM

v8buick.com
Old January 9th, 2017, 04:12 PM

Thank you Packrat
Old January 9th, 2017, 04:23 PM

What year. I have some NOS parts that I think are for a Buick. Headlight trim, misc.

Don W
Old January 9th, 2017, 05:04 PM

v8 is a great site...read the rules they enforce them with an iron fist..i am not complaining, but they have their ways and will boot ya...parts sales is a big headache for the owner, and he wont allow much funny stuff..

read the rules follow them and youll love the place
Old January 9th, 2017, 05:32 PM

73' 225 2 door. It was his uncles car. Motor is at the shop being turned into a stage 1. On my I phone but I'll try to post a pic.
Old January 9th, 2017, 05:35 PM

Wadda ya know it's easier to do on the phone. Here's another.
Old January 10th, 2017, 06:10 AM

Thanks for sharing the pics of your friend's Buick. It's always cool to see a classic car! Make sure you help him install that engine once it's back from the machinist.
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:49 AM

Try the AACA forum their Buick forum is active and knowledgeable. Unfortunately their Oldsmobile forum is pretty slow and not well attened.... Tedd http://forums.aaca.org/
Old January 10th, 2017, 01:29 PM
Oldsdruid

That's because the BCA uses their AACA-provided forum as their official communications forum. They push it hard in the Bugle and many BCA officers and directors are regular participants. Steve Moskowitz and I have beat our brains out trying to get OCA to acknowledge and push use of it, to no avail. OCA bigwigs use it? Fahgeddaboudit! For that matter I don't see much activity from them on here and this is about the most active Olds forum there is.

But yes, V8buick and AACA-BCA are great Buick resources.
Old January 10th, 2017, 02:20 PM

We are putting a shop together in this garage so he can get this car back up and running. He's all over the place with what he wants to do. Yesterday I told him make a list and let's start crossing stuff off. Sizable 2 car garage. the right bay is mine for the Oldsmobiles.

Going to bring my 71' Cutlass in soon and re-do the floor boards. Going to go with AMD unless someone recommends something better. Not concerned about an OEM look since it's powered by a 70' 350 but I'd like the least amount of headaches. After that 350 is coming out and the 442's 455 is going in temporarily. Freshen up the 350, leaking oil everywhere and couldn't get the top 2 exhaust manifold studs out so it leaks bad. Swap on a 4 barrel intake and cam it up a touch then back in.

Next car to go in is the 71' 442. 30 year project long overdue.

First picture October 2015

Old January 11th, 2017, 05:33 AM

Oh yeah!

Keep us posted on the progress of your Cutlass.
Old January 11th, 2017, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Olds64
Oh yeah!

Keep us posted on the progress of your Cutlass.
I started a site on my 442 a while back but someone moved it to the Newbie forum so I took that as I wasn't welcome. I very rarely comment anymore. I wish I could remember my user name from 12 years ago but can't, I'd predate many on this site. If you want pictures and progress send me your email address and I'll forward what I can as I move along. Now I just brows the parts section.
Old January 12th, 2017, 09:06 AM

If it was one of your first posts and you hadn't introduced yourself you were probably moved to the Newbie forum, just the way it works till you have a few posts under your belt. I have found that this is one of the most friendly informational forums I use, you might give us another try..... Lost in the fifties .... Tedd
Old January 12th, 2017, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
If it was one of your first posts and you hadn't introduced yourself you were probably moved to the Newbie forum, just the way it works till you have a few posts under your belt. I have found that this is one of the most friendly informational forums I use, you might give us another try..... Lost in the fifties .... Tedd
I think I was into about 60 posts at the time, but I never did introduce myself. now I'm into about 80. I have also found some good info mostly from Joe. I have about half in personal messages.

Been out of the game for a number of years and it's a slow go back. Sorry I stopped, no place to work on cars was the main reason. It kills me to think back on all the stuff I just scrapped due to lack of space and to see how rare it is now. Guess I should have thought about the future more. Always wanted to get out of the city but didn't happen until I was 40. Hopefully I can do another 20 - 30 now that I'm back in. 10 years from now when my last kid is out of high school I'll be 58 & looking to make a move north to build that barn I always thought I'd have. Hopefully NH