General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Pep Boy at Rock Auto prices !

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2018, 06:18 PM

Question Pep Boy at Rock Auto prices !

So I bought my front end rebuild kit at Pep Boys today, all Moog components ! Got everything for front end rebuild including the center link bar, Ball joints, Idler arm, end links, control arms and all needed bushings and sway bar bushing and hardware. grand total at Pep Boys using Rock Auto prices and discount...….. $302.00 including tax ! Not shabby, not shabby at all !
So now I have the complete rebuild kit and all the front Disc brake components, booster, master cylinder Prop valve, stainless lines front and rear, and everything for the front spindles, backing plates, rotors, calipers and hoses and all hoses and hardware. from inline tube $550. Grand total to do the whole front end...…..$852.00. I think I made out pretty good !.
Now that I'm done tooting my horn I have two questions. Should the stock color of the Master cylinder be black as supplied or painted cast grey on a 1972 Cutlass Supreme and also what color should the Calipers be, which are also supplied painted black. I was thinking they should both be cast grey. I know that the 442 master cylinders were installed as black since they were the same as the Corvette master cylinder. Thoughts ???????

Last edited by ragtopblue; August 22nd, 2018 at 06:54 PM.