The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Glenn, it got up to 92° here today. Waaaay too hot for me to be out for any length of time. So nice to be inside where it's 73°. I hope your work in the garage wasn't too strenuous or long term. Soon as the weather here normalizes I'll think about taking the Cutlass out from under it's cover. Still got some things to do on it. I think it's developed a coolant leak somewhere as I saw some bright green on the floor. I'd like to get the transmission tail shaft off so I can change the drive gear, which I still need to buy. Since it was a 2.73:1 from the factory and now is a 3.42:1 posi, it needs both the drive and driven gear changed out. Only way to change the drive gear is to remove the tailshaft. So while it's off I'll also change the seal for the yoke. After that it would be drivable if I don't touch the cooling system, but that's just not like me. I've got all the HD parts ready to go, just need installing. That and a new grill....gotta draw the line somewhere. Oh yeah, master cylinder (new) is leaking from the back side, so I gotta change it out too. Wonder how it leaks with 0 miles on it???

Jim - I understand what you're saying. Seems to be that way with me too. People I worked with are dropping like flies and they're younger than I am. Makes me sad to see them leave us.

Chatted briefly with Clint on Messenger today. He's all alone since April and his work load is not getting easier. I feel so bad for him that he's carrying all that load himself. I mentioned that everyone here misses him and he said hopefully he'd look at finding some time to stop by and say hello.
Old July 17th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Mike, my garage is not that big. It is what the builder called a 2 1/2 car garage which really means it is a large 2 car garage with extra room on each side and is a little deeper. My garage was a mess since it had an accumulation of stuff from several years. I have enough stuff in my garage to run a pretty good auto repair shop. I added a mig welder and a plazma cutter last year. They are on one cart. It had become cluttered over the years. My 54 Olds has to stay inside and up until last year I had a 72 Cutlass convertible on the other side which had not been on the street since 2006. I have a 57 Chevy that will go on the other side later this year which will be my last car to restore. I will do lots of the work but also have lots of it done. After it is done I think I will give my son what he wants and sell the rest. I will keep a tool chest with the tools I need to maintain the two cars.
Allan, you are probably suffering more than I am. The last time I checked today it was 102. Will be hotter tomorrow. Are you going to do the work on your transmission yourself. I have a couple things I need to do under my Olds and one is to change the tailshaft seal and the other is to change the oilfilter adapter so I can put a spinon filter on it. It is dirty work that I hate. My wife gave me a new creeper for my birthday. It was what I asked for since I will need it when I do the Chevy. It is one of The Bone creepers. I find as I have gotten older and heavier it is hard to get up off a creeper. Sounds like you car is in what I refer to as the perpetual maintenance stage. There is always something to do to it. Very nice car though and I bet those 3.42 gears really made a difference.
Have a good evening guys.
Old July 17th, 2018, 06:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Glenn, yes I plan to do the transmission work myself. I can get the car up high enough to make the job easier. The tailshaft is only 5 bolts if I remember. The only messy thing is when it comes loose there will be the perpetual run off of trans fluid. The drive gear isn't that hard to remove/replace. On a 72 there's a spring clip on the shaft that holds it in place. Yup, getting in/out and up/down is something that's gotten a bit more of a challenge. Up/down is a real problem for me as I get light headed and sometimes sick. Have to be careful not to fall. The tailshaft seal on my car right now is leaking because I failed to lube the shaft putting it back into the transmission. Ooops. If I hadn't changed gears, I could have done the seal without removing the tail shaft.
What kind of filter are you using right now on your Olds?
Old July 17th, 2018, 08:37 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Allan, I just watched the weather and it was 104 here today with 105 forecast for tomorrow and 108 for Friday. If that isn't enough we have this stupid dust that blew in from the Sahara.
My Olds originally came with a cannister filter. Somebody had put a spinoff adapter on the original base and it is leaking. I have a factory adapter from a later model that used a spinoff filter originally. I am going to put it on and that will solve the leak. When I do that I am including a pressure switch that I will wire to my electric fuel pump. That was if the engine dies or I lose oil pressure the fuel pump will shut off. It may be a little overkill but if I had a collision it could prevent a fire. Hey, I have a fancy creeper I need to try out but it has to be a lot cooler. I do have a fan I can have blowing under the car but it would just be hot air right now. Some day I need to drop the tank and reseal the sending unit. Another day for that one.
Old July 18th, 2018, 05:34 AM

Mawn'in

Gotta get out of here my Honey do list is rapidly expanding in leaps and bounds

Have a great day Olds friends
Old July 18th, 2018, 06:05 AM

Evening everyone. Sorry for your loss Jim. Never good losing a friend.

I don’t think I’ll get around to hunting this year Allan. A friend of mine did a few weeks back and gave me two fallow deer rear legs so they are now all butchered up and put in my freezer.

Can you fit fit a car hoist in the garage Glenn? I remember when I visited Sandy and Blue while in the States Blue had one in his garage. Man was I envious lol. Happy belated birthday as well champ.

Mike when I left shift Work a few years back it took me around 3 months to get used to the shorter days. It will come in time I’m sure 😁

We are settling in nicely Allan and the peeps next door seem nice. Been on a couple bike rides with Minette now and a trip to the park with everyone as well. Allegra likes the park being so close lol.

Working an overtime shift tonight. Take care everybody,
Adrian
Old July 18th, 2018, 07:37 AM

Waiting for a guy to show up give me an estimate on replacing the roof. Hopefully his estimate isn't through the roof.
Old July 18th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good afternoon everyone,

The early morning rain did show up after all and it was a pleasant cool but wet 65° start to the day. Sun's out now and temps are on the rise. Probably will be a bit muggy.

Dan - When I got a set of wheels for the Malibu from a seller in Calgary, he included some Aura chrome wheel covers. Since the 2 on the passenger side of the Malibu had been curb rashed all to hell I put on the pristine Aura ones. Yesterday I guess the heat made them really loose. The bolt on caps still held the cover but it was flopping anywhere up to 1/4". I cut some foam tape and attached it to the inside of the wheel cover then put them back on the car. That seemed to take care of the loose and wobbly fit. Funny it never did that before. Did you ever have that happen with your car? Good luck on the roofing estimate. We had ours done back in 2015. It cost almost $7k because of the size and all the valleys. We had everything done - gutter edges, ice dam membrane, new vents, entire roof wrapped, and 50 year high impact shingles.

Adrian - nice when everything works out isn't it? Those deer legs will prolly be tasty.

Jim - What's a Honey do? I don't seem to understand what yer drivin at

Still fighting with the insurance company. What a bunch of turds. They've acknowledged in writing that they made a mistake but won't return calls or emails to have the Autoplus report fixed for my sons license. Next stop will be the insurance ombudsman, and then court if necessary.

Happy humpday everyone.
Old July 18th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Today I worked on the robot. Actually, I observed the robot. Because the guy doing the work pretty much said don't get in the way. He busted his a$$ all day long and we finished early. Got out a little early as well, and that's fine. This should be my last day of training, so now I graduate to computer based training. Yay. Sitting in front of the computer the whole day. What fun.

Dan my roof was right at 5000 when I had it done a few years ago. That was gutters, too. I think I got a heck of a deal, especially since I didn't have to pay for it. It looked like the roofing company was going to do the estimate so I didn't really have to pay my deductible, but it was not to be. Eh, a thousand instead of 5000, not a bad deal.

Jamesbo how are the 5oclock workout sessions going?

Glenn I've got a 57 Chevy as well. Whatever you do, if you need a fuel tank don't order it from Summit. The company they get them from the tanks come from China. You've heard of the slow boat to China? This is the slow boat from China, in fact I don't think it ever leaves.

Got a package to send and some mail so I think Tiger and I will take a ride and maybe hit the Awful house. Since the AC is fixed ain't no one saying nothing.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old July 18th, 2018, 12:41 PM

Mike, I'm trying to sleep through them
Old July 18th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good afternoon guys:

I had to take my wife to the dentist this morning to get the first two crowns installed. Those two teeth were expensive with root canals on both and then crowns. I kept the dental insurance and flex savings under Cobra and exhausted both of them on those two teeth and still had out of pocket expense. Now she had three more crowns at $695 each which is all out of pocket since she hit the $2,000 limit on the dental insurance. I am glad she is finally getting it done because it has taken several years to get her to overcome her fear of dentists.
Adrian, I am glad the new home is working out for you and your family. That is a great thing. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Unfortunately the ceiling in my garage is not high enough for a lift or I would have one. My wife gave me a Bone Creeper for my birthday (I gave her a subtle hint). It will make life better.
Mike, how many cars and trucks do you have. Tell me about your 57.
I just checked the weather app on my phone and it says 103. I think it will hit 105 today.
Later my Olds friends.
Old July 18th, 2018, 02:15 PM

More than [Other] Eric and Joe P.'s post combined. Mike's a serious collector. Seriously, Clint and I used to try to keep up and quit
Old July 18th, 2018, 02:27 PM
Always room for one more

I heard on the radio that today is the anniversary of one of Jamesbo's favorite subjects. I'll find a picture in a minute, if he doesn't beat me to it.

Glenn I'll let you know the number when I mow the grass. The 57 is a 4 door sedan, it's a Gold trimmed Bel Air with a 283 and Powerglide. It's Sierra Gold and Adobe Beige. Oddly enough Sierra Gold is copper. I bought the car several years ago and thought I'd be able to drive it, but it needed the trans rebuilt and it goes down the road like a drunken sailor. I got the trans done but the front end work will happen after I get the fuel system put back together. It quit running one afternoon and I determined it was a bad fuel pump. The MAWs kicked in and I took half the car apart. It's been apart a couple years, but I walk past it every day and will someday get to it. I ordered a fuel tank from Summit Racing and they kept putting me off, so I cancelled. I can drive up to Year One and get one, they have them in stock, but it's over an hour away and I just haven't gotten up there yet.

Got back from my errands and my neighbor called and gave me a bunch of cake. It's what she cut off the fancy cake she's making, so it looks like a mess but it's still yummy.
Old July 18th, 2018, 02:39 PM

What did I miss?
Old July 18th, 2018, 02:40 PM

Here is the amount of venison I got from my friend. Not to shabby I say
I too have a creeper for when I get under my cars. They sure are handy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
deer.jpg (79.1 KB, 3 views)
deer1.jpg (57.0 KB, 1 views)
deer2.jpg (74.3 KB, 1 views)
deer3.jpg (67.0 KB, 5 views)
Old July 18th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Mike, does it look like this one. This car was at the Lone Star TriFive show a couple months ago. I don't remember the whole story but it was something like the guy bought the car from the original owner and restored it. As you can see it had factory air, power windows and most every other available option. It was a very nice car. The guy also has a 67 442 and is an inactive member of the NTOC>
Attached Images
IMG_2667.jpg (2.21 MB, 6 views)
Old July 18th, 2018, 02:52 PM
Always room for one more

It does look like that, Glenn, sans the wide whites. My car doesn't have AC or power windows but it does have power steering. My Granddad had a car like this when they were new and my Mom learned to drive in it. So I thought I'd get one just like it and drive Mom around. Could still happen... Grampa's car was a two door sedan, and had 210 trim but had Bel Air on the quarters. Curious.

Okay I'll get that picture. Actually I found two.
Old July 18th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Always room for one more

Old July 18th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Adrian, that looks absolutely fantastic. Do you ever make some into jerky? It looks so rich and lean, it would be perfect for that.
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:26 PM

Allan, I had the Aura "XR" which came with alloy wheels, so no wheel cover looseness. Mike, that's one of my favorite color combos for the '57. The roof estimate came in lower than I thought. I was at work mentioning it to a couple of co workers, and one of them asked "why not a metal roof?" I said that's what I wanted, but I figured that the cost would be too high. Well two of them had steel roofs put on by the Amish and one said that their price was actually lower than for the shingled roof. So, I have a contact number, and will give them a call to see what I can get.
Old July 19th, 2018, 02:52 AM

Mawn'in

Must be dentist season cause I'm off to the big city today for a cleaning, then do an LA turn around home then back down late afternoon for a visitation for my friend

I have a metal roof on the farm house [cemetery office] on the lake house and on the lake garage LOVE them BUT If you have a stupid HOA ya better check with the neighborhood *****

Mike, sweet Cheby

I'm trying to figger out a way to easily clean grass clipping from my mower with air pressure. I'm thinking about a low ramp so I can easily get under the deck. Anyone got any great idears?

Old July 19th, 2018, 07:28 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
Jim, sounds like you have pretty busy day today. Drive safely.
It was 106 here yesterday and supposed to be 107 today and 109 tomorrow. Good thing I cleaned to coils on my two AC units. I can't even imagine what my electric bill is going to be. Not much on the agenda today. I will finish tidying up in the garage this morning before it gets too hot.
Hope everybody has a good day.

Glenn
Old July 19th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good afternoon everyone,

Been busy this morning. Brekkie wit de boyz, then home, weed whack, cut lawns, leaf blow... time for a clean shirt that's not all sweaty. It's not terrible, only 77° but the humidity makes it feel hotter. I'm really loving the flower garden and my small veggie garden - they're both doing so well it makes me smile and calm just going out to commune with them.

Jim - Lessee now. I know what a PITA it is to clean the bottom of the decks. Yours should come off the tractor right? If it does, why dontcha just tilt it up against the side of the fence or sumpin and powerwash the snot out of the bottom?? I know my Karcher would make short work of that becuz it will blast out 3500 psi and has 5 different spray nozzles to choose from. Anywho, that's my 2¢. Arent' visits to the dentist fun? Didja get a cute assistant to clean yer choppers? I usta have one that would nestle my head into her ummm boobies, when she was werkin on me. awkward....

Dan - Well that's one way for sure to not worry about the wheels. I tried to get some nice alloy wheels for the car but the pricing and fitment was questionable. That's why I went with OEM stock steel that look similar to the SS Olds wheels. BTW did you notice your post count is back to normal?

Glenn - I'm getting heat stroke just looking at the numbers you post for temperatures. I think it's amazing that people and animals can live in that kind of heat. But when it comes to surviving with AC, I honestly don't care about the power bill. Comfort and sanity is worth the cost, even being on a fixed income.
Crowns only cost 695 there?? Wow! Good deal. My last crown was done about 2 months ago now and with insurance I still paid 690. That's 1/2 of the total. Luckily for me though the plan I have doesn't stop at 2000. I have 3 more teeth that need crowns but I'm kinda waiting a bit till I really need to do them. The last tooth that got crowned might be a wasted effort though because the tooth was cracked. Dentist said i might need to have a root canal on it if the sensitivity was still a problem. Guess what? Still a problem but only with cold. I'm inclined to just leave it for now as the experience wasn't all that painless this time around. Glenn said that's likely due to my diabetes though.

Spoda be T-storms later tonight and unsettled weather for the next 2 days. Partly good news as that means the temps will be lower and working outside won't be such a pain. I need to sand down and paint the front of the garage and corner pillars. I've been avoiding that because it's mostly in the sun most of the day and it's just too hot for me. I spose I could also take down my Christmas lights from the gutter whilst I'm at it.
Old July 19th, 2018, 12:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I'd say today was an admin day. Started out doing CBTs. They were dull as hell. The lead came over and I said I was on the last one. Oh no, he said, there are about 7 more that aren't on your training plan. So after lunch I said, lay them on me. Nope, I can take a break from them. Just hang out. So I helped here and there until time to go.

Think I'll mow this afternoon. Don't have any place I need to go, and it's nice and hot. I'll stick to the upper part of the yard and leave the yellow jackets to themselves. My hand is about back to normal, I don't want to push things.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon.
Old July 19th, 2018, 07:07 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

It was 108 here today and supposed to be 109 tomorrow. At 9:00 last night it was still 98 degrees. I worked a little bit in the garage this morning with the fans going and finished tidying up. With the exception of cleaning the workbench off I am done and glad of it. It was then too hot to do anything outside. I am going to try and get out early tomorrow and get a couple things done before noon.
Allan, I don't know what the total cost was on my wifes first two crowns. She had to have root canals on both of them which was two visits. Then it back to the regular dentist for the crowns which was two visits. These two exhausted the $2,000 dental benefit and the balance in the fex savings plus another $500 out of pocket. Now she had three left that are just regular crowns.

Enjoy what is left of the evening my friends.

Glenn
Old July 19th, 2018, 10:25 PM

Well yup Allan the count is back to what is wuz, or thereabouts. Talking about electric bills from the a/c, last month my elec. bill was $52 and change, now my first one with the a/c is $135. I'll gladly pay it. I have a vette show that I want to go to on Sunday, but once again rain is in he forecast, and again the following weekend when I have another one. Dang, it needs to rain mid week.
Old July 20th, 2018, 04:09 AM

Mawn'in

Saw a bunch of ole high school chums last nite at the visitation probably see more today at the funeral.

I hate to say it but it gives me a little pleasure to see a " most likely to succeed" member of the school god squad with and ugly wife [ Southern ugly, Like you could dress her up as a pork roast make her crawl 100 miles and a dog wouldn't bite her]

Enough

Old July 20th, 2018, 08:10 AM

[ Southern ugly, Like you could dress her up as a pork roast make her crawl 100 miles and a dog wouldn't bite her]
Now that's ugly! LOL.
Old July 20th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got out before noon today. Even the guys that have been there awhile were surprised. So I stopped on the way home at the Awful house for lunch.

Today I did more CBTs. These really were awful. The module I had to look at had precious little information and then the test asked questions about stuff that wasn't in the module. I got through 5 of the 7, then my eyes just rolled into the back of my head, I was done.

In a little bit I'm going to get two tires/rims for my trailer and go over and put them on, and also mess with the lights. None of them work. I replaced some bulbs not long ago, they've either blown out indicating a surge, or the harness has a bad ground. I did see one of the bulbs was burnt black inside. That can't be good.

So yesterday it was raining in the evening and I didn't have anything to do so I went to bed at like 730. Slept until almost 2 when Tiger wanted to go out, then fell back asleep and woke up to the alarm at 345. I felt pretty good. Tonight I get to stay up as late as I want and wake up whenever. I hope I don't sleep too late, because I want to finally go see that Wagoneer I was supposed to see earlier in the week. It kind of looks like this, but has a bit of a smaller engine.

Jamesbo, maybe she was pretty when she was younger and then became ugly. Maybe it was a costume.

Allan who is that in the picture you posted? It looks like Millhouse. One ringy-dingy *snort*

Okay gonna hit it. Tiger is staying home but we'll go get a treat later on. Nice out, sunny but not too hot or humid. Hey Glenn come on over.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old July 21st, 2018, 06:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone

We got a lot of rain here yesterday so everything is pretty saturated. Good thing is the temp is also staying down to highs of around 70. Looks like today might be a really good one for a road trip to the all Olds show. Only thing I don't look forward to is the round trip of around 300 miles. I'll decide by around 9:00. The show runs from noon till 4:00 pm.

Were there lots of people you knew at the funeral Jim? Always sad to say goodbye to a friend.
Old July 21st, 2018, 07:11 AM

Mawn'in

Thunderbooomers, lost power, now back on and having a funeral at my place, then headed norte

Allan, Yes he had 4 brothers and sisters so it was kinda like a sad giant high school reunion

Old July 21st, 2018, 07:37 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Heavy rain all of a sudden this morning, then it quit. Never did lose power, though. So everything is going to be a muddy mess today.

Didn't get my tires yesterday. Went to Northern Tool and they had some deal going, 2 wheel assemblies for 189. Of course they only had one. It was the end of the day so that was that. Today I went and got one rim and now the tire place is going to put a new tire on the new rim and a new tire on the better rim of the two that blew out. And then I get to sit in the mud to put them on the trailer.

Got something under my eye lid and it's causing me great pain. I may need to go see the eye doctor today. Can't see what it might be, can't flush it out. I left that contact out this morning but oddly enough it feels better with it in.

Well I'll do something while I'm waiting on my tires then up to Gainesville to see that Jeep. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old July 21st, 2018, 08:30 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Probably an eyelash under your lid. That happened to me once. Made me squint and use only one eye till I got it out. Try using a cotton tip and roll the eyelid back much as you can.
Old July 21st, 2018, 08:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yup, decided. I'm going to the Olds show. Just waiting for the missus to finish getting ready. I'll swing by Timmy's and get her something to eat on the way.
Old July 21st, 2018, 01:47 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Afternoon Guys:
Mike, with this heat I wish I was there. It is supposed to be 110 here today. I am going to quit boring you guys with the same weather report. I went to a little lunch gathering for a lady that ran the stable where I used to keep horses. I still have three trailers stored out there that she has let me keep there for free. She retired from her job and is moving back to Illinois and I can't blame her. Since I was only about 1/2 mile from one of the storage units I have I went by and picked up a power washer I had there. It came out of the estate I was executor of. It is a Porter Cable and has a Honda engine that still has the tags on it. I have one with a Briggs & Stratton engine on it that I loaned to me brother. It was the one I power washed my fence with about a month ago. I will probably give it to him if I get this one to work okay.
Jim, losing an old friend is tough and hits close to home. My wife goes and reads the newspaper from out old hometown in Louisiana. She told me this week that one of my old friends has passed away. She was a year older than me and we used to be good friends. I saw her at a reunion in 2009 and she was still very attractive. Although we had not talked in years it really hit home for me.
Due to the heat I am done for the day. I am going to cook some steaks on the grill later but I think a nap is in order.
Have a good evening guys.
Old July 21st, 2018, 02:59 PM

Hi Guys, I’m back!!

Million and one things have happened since I last posted.
Finished one of my building projects and soon to start another.
My daughters house is six weeks away from being finished and the bills are rolling in. She’s going for a really modern look with lots of stainless steel and polished concrete floors, not really my taste but it does look neat.

I’m in week three of my 52 week re-build for my house. It looks like a bomb has been dropped in the middle of the site, but like my builder says, you can’t make an omelette without cracking a few eggs!

My weight loss is going really well. I’ve dropped 51lbs and only 2lbs to my target, and I feel fantastic. The only problem is that I’ve had to spend a fortune on new clothes

Off to a show tomorrow with my Ford Consul, which I haven’t used for 8 months.

Like most of the planet we are having a heatwave. It hasn’t rained for over six weeks and everywhere is brown instead of our usual green. It’s in the 90s and only getting hotter. They say we could even break the UK heat record within the next couple of weeks. Last week we had a massive grass fire close to my house. We had 40 engines and 220 firefighters turn up. It took me an hour and a half to get to work instead of my usual 7 minutes.

Quick question. Which company should I order a new convertible roof from. I’m more interested in quality rather than price. I know that the quality and fit varies from each supplier.
Old July 21st, 2018, 05:10 PM

Hey London, glad to have you back. We've the same heat over here as well, and it has been dry as hell. We finally got some rain today, which should be a big help. Speaking of help, Haartz is supposed to be a quality supplier of convertible tops. You might want to post on on of the other forums to get responses from people who have replaced their top. 70Post is a restorer, so he might be able to give you a nod towards a good replacement. Well, it looks like just a 30% chance of rain tomorrow, in the morning, so I am planning on hitting the Vette show.
Old July 21st, 2018, 05:16 PM
Always room for one more

Well hello London! Glad you're still on the green side of the grass. And busier than ever. About the best top I've seen is Electron, they are in New York. A bit of a pain to work with, and probably even more so since you're way over there, but look them up maybe they can help. electrontop.com

Tiger and I went up to see that Wagoneer. I didn't like the guy and he had it priced a little high, not crazy, but he isn't coming off the price. I got the distinct impression he has decided that's what he's getting and has already spent the money. He was a little annoying to talk with, but I said I'd get back to him. I actually did like the truck.

We must have gotten more rain while we were gone. One of my tall pines behind the garage has broke off half way up, and is leaning against another pine. Not sure how I'm gonna get all that down without it falling on me. Maybe I'll hope for more wind.

Glenn sometimes I wish I could move back to Illinois, but all my family is gone from there and I don't want to be out in the bitter cold. It is amusing how corrupt we are, I think three of our governors are in jail.

Okay gonna get ready for my trip tomorrow. Have a good evening everyone.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 05:44 AM

Looks like we will be dodging rain showers at the Vette show. My buddy and his son are game, as am I. If it dry's out this afternoon, my reward will be to cut the grass. Lucky me. See ya later.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 07:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

The drive to the Olds car show yesterday was beautiful. The fields were ablaze with color. Stands of tall corn, fields of potatoes in bloom, wheatfields waving in the breeze, and a fair amount of canola crops that were bright yellow. Sky was bright with high clouds and the traffic on the QE2 wasn't as bad as normal. I hate driving that road but I really don't have a choice considering where I had to go. My son hates it too but for a different reason - he says it's too boring. Flat and straight.

Oldsmobiles, Oldsmobiles and more Oldsmobiles at the show. About 75 of them ranging from 1939 to 1996. One of the prettiest was a 1959 Ninety Eight that had been restored and purchased in Nashville. Such a gorgeous car in a light gold color and white interior. It sat next to 2 1958 Super 88's - one of which was still in original paint and looking pretty nice. All the cars were super clean and well presented. I spent more time talking with some of the owners than I planned, and asked lots of questions that normally I'd ask on this site. But getting the information first hand was worth its weight in gold as I could follow the coaching by looking at what they'd done. Man, that show had it all, 4 Vista Cruisers, A bodies, B&C bodies, F and X bodies....There was a brief rain shower that scared a few of the cars away but it only lasted about 10 minutes and then all was good again. I had planned to take pictures but got so wrapped up talking to people I just didn't. There was a really nice 1970 Thornton restored 442. I chatted with the owner and he showed me the restoration book that Troy created and sold with the car. It was top notch but honestly I couldn't see it being worth $95K. The trip home was a bit of a pain as traffic had picked up but most of it went well. We dodged a couple of rain showers but the front of the car now needs a bath as it's coated with some really ugly bug splats.

Must have rained pretty good at home because everything was wet. It also rained overnight. Finally we're getting some nice days around 70° and sustained rain to green things up.

Looks like the new neighbors have moved in. They're not very tidy as they leave garbage all over the place on the front yard. We'll see how that goes.

London - good job. 2lbs is almost nothing to go. Happy wardrobe shopping.

Dan - have fun at the vette show. Hopefully the rain stays away.

Glenn - My condolences for your loss. Will you be going to the funeral?

Mike - Sometimes it's better to just walk away. Good luck with the tree.

Jim - You headin soute soon?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.