General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

venetian blinds

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2017, 08:25 PM

venetian blinds

alot of younger people on here that won't know what i'm talking about but anyway back in the 60's my dad had numerous cars with venetian blinds in the back window,does anybody make em these days or is all ya get those stupid cheesy suction cup rollup baby blinds???also might add looking for some for the side rear windows of 2002 suburban

Last edited by cherokeepeople; July 11th, 2017 at 08:33 PM. Reason: add more info
Old July 12th, 2017, 03:15 AM
Administrator

I always thought those were as goofy as the plastic slip covers people used to install on the seats.
Old July 12th, 2017, 03:41 AM

You should probably start talking to your local RV dealerships and their part departments. You should be able to find something there.
Old July 12th, 2017, 05:33 AM
Old(s) Fart

I agree that they always looked goofy, but JCWhitney was the go-to source for those. I have to say the I haven't looked at a Whitney catalog since the Interwebs were invented...
Old July 12th, 2017, 06:03 AM

Those goofy plastic seat cover also were factory installed. I bought a one owner 59 chevy he said the car came with them.The plastic looked real bad in color for clear plastic turned brown. This was around 1972 time frame. I removed the plastic covers the seat were brand new looking!
Old July 12th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Bfg

I prefer the bamboo style roll up blinds, it gives the car that tropical look!
Old July 12th, 2017, 08:56 AM

I don't see them on the Whitney site, but here's a company that apparently does nothing but automotive venetian blinds.

https://www.autovenetianblinds.com/
Old July 12th, 2017, 10:35 AM

Venetian Blinds

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
I always thought those were as goofy as the plastic slip covers people used to install on the seats.

I always thought that the outside venetian blind looking covers that Ford and Chrysler used on some of their Mustangs, Cudas, & Challengers were even more goofier looking.
Old July 12th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dave Pastrick
I always thought that the outside venetian blind looking covers that Ford and Chrysler used on some of their Mustangs, Cudas, & Challengers were even more goofier looking.
On some cars the rear window louvers looked cool, while others not so. However the blinds and plastic seat covers, never.
Old July 12th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Dave Pastrick
Funny you should bring this up. I just today saw this photo of aftermarket louvers for a new Mustang. Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a thong?

Old July 12th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Administrator

I have to agree...

These were tasteful:

Old July 12th, 2017, 08:29 PM

well actually found an alternative for now.i want to cut the sun for my grandkids when we go out west soon.i bought some gila window tint in privacy black about 3 yrs ago for my van,well never got it on so it was setting on the shelf so i thought hey i can add this to the deep tint back windows in the suburban.well get looking at package and it is actually made for houses,AND it is peel and cling,has a paper backing you peel off and cling so when i go to come home i can pull it off and put it on the other side.best part i already had it.