Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

72 Cutlass Convertible

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2017, 01:27 PM

72 Cutlass Convertible

I have a few parts that will be coming off the car soon. The car is a 72 Convertible, front seat bench, A/C, Bronze saddle exterior, white top, saddle interior. No power locks or windows.

Right now, I will have passenger side fender, front and rear bumpers (excluding hardware), and a rear decklid. All original, off of a 1 owner car.

I will be posting more pictures next week when I go back to the shop to work on it. Please see what I have below.

The fender: not pictured yet, is pushed it in the front near the bumper and some damage in the wheel well. No Rust! Original Fender $150

Front bumper: is in need of some help, definitely would recommend re-chroming it. No other damage. $100

Rear bumper (not 442, not cut outs): is in better shape, can probably be cleaned up nicely as a "driver", if your car is a show car, then I would re-chrome. $200

Trunk/Decklid: Has some cancer eating away at it, still salvageable. $200

Extra A/C compressor: OEM, not sure why my dad has two. There are a lot of random parts the he has off of a 79 T/A that he took the engine out of, so I assume that is why, but who know. $100

American Motors 8 track player: Not sure if it works so I can't put a value on it.

I am selling these parts, because I bought new. I have a short amount of time to complete this project. I am building my Dad's 72 convertible as a surprise and his health is failing rapidly. That is why I am not re-chroming, straightening, or cutting out the rust off of the deck lid. I am willing to consider some trades for parts I might need. Otherwise make an offer. I put a price on them, but if I am out of line in either direction please let me know. I'm just looking to be fair. You guys know the value on this more than I do. I am just going to reinvest in the parts I need to complete the project.

Parts I need/want as of now:

Windshield
saddle arm rests.
Dash - just lower portion with Radio cut out
Convertible top w/glass window
glove box liner
dynamat
any performance upgrades for a 403

I will not ship, local pick up only. Local = within about 1-2hrs of Chicago, I am willing to meet up. Potential charge depending distance.

If there is any specific pictures you would like please let me know. Also, please note, I'm pretty green to this car. I will answer all questions to the best of my ability, but I am not an expert (yet).

Thanks in advance,

Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0520.jpg (2.08 MB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_0522.jpg (2.01 MB, 35 views)

Last edited by Rick P. Schultz; June 9th, 2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old June 9th, 2017, 04:18 PM

I have a good convertible windshield here in Indianapolis. I MIGHT be interested in a trade for the fender if I could get some pictures? If not maybe you could come to Indy to pick up the windshield?
Old June 9th, 2017, 04:24 PM

I could be interested. I will take pictures of the Fender on Wednesday. Funny thing is that I may have to be in Franklin, Indiana on Thursday.

Rick
Old June 9th, 2017, 04:41 PM

That's only about 20 minutes south of where I am and you go basically right by my house to get there. You mentioned bucket seats? I might be interested in those also. Get pictures of those as soon as you can along with the fender? Feel free to text them to my phone if you would like? 317-727-7041.
Old June 9th, 2017, 05:22 PM

Sorry, no buckets, Bench typo. I was just giving detail on the options the car had so it would paint a better picture. Parts available are in bold and underline now. Sorry for the confusion. I will shoot you a text on Wednesday. I don't think I can get to the shop any sooner. If I can I will.

Thanks,

Rick
Old June 13th, 2017, 10:29 AM

Old June 13th, 2017, 11:09 AM

Grilles

Does the 72 have front grilles? Condition?
Old June 13th, 2017, 02:11 PM

It does, the one is trash, the one maybe ok. I will let you know tomorrow.

Rick
Old June 14th, 2017, 07:16 PM

Old June 15th, 2017, 09:44 AM

Thanks Rick for checking. Difficult to find a grille that's whole. Mine are missing tabs also, so it would just be like swap. Thanks your prompt response.
Old June 19th, 2017, 09:30 AM

Side view mirror available. Little rough. Some pitting on the body, glass is not perfect. $10. I will ship at cost. UPS only.

[/U][/B]