wood grain vinyl that matches original

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:22 PM

wood grain vinyl that matches original

My 70 Toro has that light brown wood grain vinyl on the dash and doors. A lot of it has faded to a greenish color. I was told by one guy "they all did that". Some of the carpet went from brown to green, but that is another story. The only wood grain stuff I have been able to find is from Metro Restyling. I ordered a sample and it is too dark by several shades. I have looked on some of the webpages suggested here in the forums and searched the forums for the topic without any luck. Anyone got any ideas? Any help appreciated.sdcarguy
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:13 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Try these guys. http://www.Oldsparts.com
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:56 PM

Smile

I called Brothers and everything they have is flame laminated to steel. I found 2 companies with darker shades and a bunch of companies with lighter shades. Larry Camuso in San Jose CA is an experienced builder and he said he just located parts that weren't faded to green when he was restoring his Toro. I would really rather not do that, so I guess I'll keep looking (and asking others.)
Old July 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM

I just ordered a upper console section with wood grain and a Dual Gate top plate from http://www.hhclassicauto.com/contact.html . Very happy with the products and the match for a 72 was excellent!! I have posted pics in another thread of those pieces. Others on this board have also had positive experiences with this vendor.
Old August 9th, 2012, 01:02 PM

I am still looking for a burl wood grain vinyl to match my 70 Toro. The last company recommended here hasn't answered an email or phone call message. But their web page clearly does say Cutlass/442, so I can understand no reply. sdcarguy