window regulator problem..64 F85

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2014, 11:10 AM

window regulator problem..64 F85

Hello from the other side of the world...
So friends,i have a question,,
i have 1964 oldsmobile f85 2 door hardtop,
after years of use driver side door window regulator is broken,,,,try to repair it but..guess its time to change,,
so question is:
where i can find new one to replace it(some link,company who sell it?,reproduction?)???
i try Google,but nothing....I live in east Europe,and its impossible to find it here....
One more question-which model cars(years and type)share the same window regulator mechanism as mine?Buick?Pontiac?Chevrolet?)
for sure there have to be a car with the same door window regulator ...
It's really hard for me to find this part-so i ask for help...also driver vent window is broken..
thanx everyone,and hope someone help me..
best regards
Ivan from Bulgaria
Old May 12th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ivan,
Sorry to hear about the window problem. To help the guys out a bit, please tell them what is wrong with the regulator. Broken has too wide a definition to understand. Also with the vent window, is the glass broken, or is the frame/pivot or rubber no good. It would be helpful if you could answer those and maybe post pictures that show some of the problems?

I believe the glass for the vent window is the same for 64-67. Some parts for the vent window are reproduced by Steele Rubber products, and as you can see from their application guide there are a LOT of donor cars in the GM brand stable that share the same part. If you click on the little red magnifying glass symbol to the left of the 1964 f85 2 door coupe, it will pull up a listing of other products they make for that car.

Replacement glass is available from vendors like Auto City Classic, Inc
Old May 13th, 2014, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Ivan,
Sorry to hear about the window problem. To help the guys out a bit, please tell them what is wrong with the regulator. Broken has too wide a definition to understand. Also with the vent window, is the glass broken, or is the frame/pivot or rubber no good. It would be helpful if you could answer those and maybe post pictures that show some of the problems?

I believe the glass for the vent window is the same for 64-67. Some parts for the vent window are reproduced by Steele Rubber products, and as you can see from their application guide there are a LOT of donor cars in the GM brand stable that share the same part. If you click on the little red magnifying glass symbol to the left of the 1964 f85 2 door coupe, it will pull up a listing of other products they make for that car.

Replacement glass is available from vendors like Auto City Classic, Inc

10x for your answer
So-
vent glass was broken years ago so,previous owner change it with LEXAN plastic,so need replacement.all rubber are good.....if i know for sure cars with the same vent glass (cause best ,and fast way for me is ebay,and long time searching for 64 oldsmobile f85 vent glass-no result !,will be very helpfull...may be chevelle 64 2 door,some pontiac from same years?,buick skylark???If i not found-i will replace it with a brand new,,,but for sure first i will try to find original glass,not aftermarket...so i need help to find which car share same glass as mine........
2.DRIVER SIDE WINDOW REGULATOR:
the mechanism behind the handle is broken..you roll and nothing happen..
i dissasemble it,and inspect that mechanism inside is broken,big teeth are good teeth for the handle is good ,plastic wheels,and channels are good,but for some reason mechanism is broken insight,hope you understand me,my technical english is not so good.
in one place ,where the little axle meet the shell of the mechanism -is broken and one wheel insight(that do the job) also broken ..,,i ask locals to weld it but they said meterial not possible to weld,especially on this place,,,
so that's the reason i decide to change it ,and searching for replace that part,if somebody know from where i can find this whole window roll up mechanism for my olds will be very thankfull...Or may be which GM car have the same mechanism?
please help
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Perhaps 1 of the guys here will sell you a door and ship it to you. Or if shipping is too costly for the whole door, gut the parts and ship them to you. I'm going to move your thread to parts wanted.
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ivan,
click this link for 'Matching Vehicles' on the Steele rubber parts site. It will give you a complete list of cars that can be used for donor parts.

It sounds like you need the entire regulator assembly for the door. I'd stay with selecting just the 2 door hardtop coupes to make sure you get the right parts. The regulator assemblies will be the same for these cars even if you choose Buick, Pontiac, or Chev as a donor car. You may get lucky and find someone who is parting out one of these cars.

Check the Parts for Sale section of this site. I know that John McNeel (2blu442) has 64/65 f85, Cutlass parts and might be able to help you. Clik on that link and send him a PM. I'll also send him an email and let him know what you're looking for these items.
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Perhaps 1 of the guys here will sell you a door and ship it to you. Or if shipping is too costly for the whole door, gut the parts and ship them to you. I'm going to move your thread to parts wanted.
I sent John McNeel an email and included a link to this thread. I was worried that the 'move' of the thread would break the link I sent but it seems to be holding up. Had me worried there Eric!
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Nope, all it does is move all the info over, but now possibly some of our parts guys will take a look at this thread. I know a lot of the wrecking yards don't want to sell parts off of a good door, so may be one of the guys can work something out with him.
Old May 13th, 2014, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
I sent John McNeel an email and included a link to this thread. I was worried that the 'move' of the thread would break the link I sent but it seems to be holding up. Had me worried there Eric!
thanx.i also send him message...hope someone help,cause is so bad to drive with no window down option....
wait 4 reply.........
Old May 13th, 2014, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by esteo
thanx.i also send him message...hope someone help,cause is so bad to drive with no window down option....
wait 4 reply.........
PM sent.

John
Old May 14th, 2014, 05:58 AM

You guys got this covered????? If not I have all of that stuff and am familiar with shipping to Europe. Ship a whole door???? You got to be kidding me.
Old May 14th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Administrator

No, shipping a whole door would be really expensive. What I was saying is in my past dealings, dismantlers would not take parts off a good door.
Old May 14th, 2014, 07:50 AM

thanx to all for support,
i give him my adress to calculate all things..hope price is good ,cause is horrable to drive in hot weather with window up,and Lexan vent....
In USA is very easy to find parts,but just imagine in my little country,,,,no way,hah..
So hope we make a deal,hope..
best regards friends
Ivan

Last edited by esteo; May 14th, 2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old May 14th, 2014, 08:18 AM

ONE MORE THING BOYS.
Please give me fair price,im not a rich man ,im normal worker, and my olds is a daily driver warrior...
Thank you, thank you very very much for understanding
ivan
Old May 14th, 2014, 08:19 AM

http://www.amesperf.com/

Check with these guys, I believe a regulator from a Pontiac Lemans works..
Old May 14th, 2014, 01:12 PM

Regulator

Hello from the other side of the world...
So friends,i have a question,,
i have 1964 oldsmobile f85 2 door hardtop,
after years of use driver side door window regulator is broken,,,,try to repair it but..guess its time to change,,
so question is:
where i can find new one to replace it(some link,company who sell it?,reproduction?)???
i try Google,but nothing....I live in east Europe,and its impossible to find it here....
One more question-which model cars(years and type)share the same window regulator mechanism as mine?Buick?Pontiac?Chevrolet?)
for sure there have to be a car with the same door window regulator ...
It's really hard for me to find this part-so i ask for help...also driver vent window is broken..
thanx everyone,and hope someone help me..
best regards
Ivan from Bulgaria
Hi Ivan,The 1964-65 window regulator is the same and the vent glass is also.I have both,do you need a tinted or clear vent.Both items in good shape.$100.00 US plus shipping,Postal.Let me know if I can help.Bill
Old May 15th, 2014, 01:48 PM

thank you Bill,i need clear, not tinted glass(just ti let you know)
ill have to wait little bit cause some other guys also have to offer(see little up in the topic),and i will let you know,man.may be you are my part guy,,will see.but i respect that they reply mi first,so will wait for him first to offer..thank you very very much for your offer,appreciate that.
BTW- i will need front eyebrow moldings also,,,,,,
best regards to everyone
IVAN

Last edited by esteo; May 15th, 2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old May 20th, 2014, 03:23 AM

Bill,i write to you message,wait for your reply
regards
Old May 21st, 2014, 04:31 PM

window parts

I'm sure I have the parts also.

Does your door have a frame around it? (Post Sedan)

Brian
Old May 21st, 2014, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by 197064buickspec
I'm sure I have the parts also.

Does your door have a frame around it? (Post Sedan)

Brian

No Brian,no frame arround it..
Old May 22nd, 2014, 05:42 AM
Justin

t
BTW- i will need front eyebrow moldings also,,,,,,
best regards to everyone
IVAN
The parts place has the 64 cutlass eyebrow moldings might want to check them out. They are repoped not show quality but good drivers from what members have said that ordered them
Old May 23rd, 2014, 02:35 PM

All of the hardtop vent windows so far are passenger sides.

I did find the drivers side window regulator. I will look further this weekend for the vent window.

Brian
Old June 1st, 2014, 10:25 AM

ok guys,,,,after all still nothing,,,
so restart the searching from the topic...
does anyone have parts that i need,?for sure someone does..
please pm me with the price,i will write my adress to calculate shipping,,,,
need some help here..
best regards to all
ivan
Old June 23rd, 2014, 09:47 PM

Ivan
Sorry I missed your phone call. Did you get my email with the photos?

John
Old June 24th, 2014, 12:00 PM

yes.i have your p.m,but not photos...only p.m.
I send you reply(in private message) with my mail again.
thank you

Last edited by esteo; June 24th, 2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old June 24th, 2014, 05:53 PM

Ivan, did you get my message?
Old June 24th, 2014, 10:38 PM

Wow,i miss that ,but now i reply you in p.m.
Old July 15th, 2014, 12:41 PM

:)

Hello friends!
After long searching i finally have the parts home(on the other side of the planet
thanx a lot John..(2blu442).....a lot!!!!!Was a pleasure to deal with you...
Also thanx to this great place for all Oldsmobile enthusiasts!!!-Classic Oldsmobile forum!

now i have a new search--oldsmobile f85 1964 front eyebrow moldings(L&R) -used,good condition,original-not aftermarket..Anyone?????hope someone have them.....
wait for some reply

best regards
Ivan