70 to 72 cutlass 442 console bottom.

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2020 | 10:02 AM

70 to 72 cutlass 442 console bottom.

Looking for a 70 72 console
bottom thanks !
Old May 11th, 2020 | 11:42 PM

70 -72 conaole parts

Been repairing 68-72 headlight plastics & consoles & dashes for so long its not that much fun anymore

..I have a good lower section for auto trans console that is black ...

Do you have a broken one as core ? Or any other console pieces to spare
...I also have steel reinforced repair for an engineering faux pau , or f/u , that almost offsets OAI....lids broken hinge syndrome... Hopefully your good on that.
..While E. Coyote put 3 srews though th tin compartment surround on one currently needing propper repair so eventualty will need one o those , as well as aluminum rail that compliments its upper edge & as always any of th plastic rivets that hold it to th upper console base
always amazed by the many attempted yet failed repairs for that issue make an interesting book

I am located
in Lansing Michigan

dont usualy sell pieces so this is file foto of console that has good base...do you have a bottom or pieces of it ?
Price would be about 30% of entire console value..

Last edited by rocketscientis; May 12th, 2020 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Two ed it
Old May 12th, 2020 | 05:53 AM

how much for the lower piece and a picture please
Old May 13th, 2020 | 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by drolds2u
how much for the lower piece and a picture please
get out of my thread!
Old May 13th, 2020 | 11:00 AM

im sure he has more than one
Old May 13th, 2020 | 01:17 PM

I said you got that wright

Originally Posted by drolds2u
im sure he has more than one
shore got that wright
Got more than one thing goin on...ALL my help is staying outa my way... let me make the confusion perfectly clear I did not have a file photo of the bottom lower console therefore I posted picture of an entire console to show a good base so one could visualize what they would be getting when they purchased a lower console base
I believe I will have to go to where I keep the numerous console bases pick out a good one and get you a picture
normally I don't sell pieces parts because I repair that ignorant broken hinge design reinforced it with steel & make it look like it was never touched in order for me to be able to provide you with things like this base you need I must collect console's and their pieces myself

I want to know if you sir have or even know somebody who has spare extra even broken console pieces specifically do you have a lower base or parts , pieces for me as a core ?
My needs are not limited to that , any pieces at all for the 70 to 72 console would be considered and of course that would reduce your cost

do you have an idea of the fair market value of a console at the moment , as it will be helpful to determine the price of the lower base portion as right now I estimate it at about 30% of a total console cost , but I do know how to figure it out...
on average I got me 15 to 20 irons in the fire constantly and lots of folks think I'm just doing there their parts procreation when in fact actually I'm doing about 10 things
I don't make progress on every item everyday but my success rate far above average getting folks what they asked for
please bear with me, if someone has a car show or for whatever reason they need to hurry up and get it done I know how to do that too
I will be takin pix & attempting image transers in due time as well as estimating its value
Thanks for your intrest
Could I send images to your email ?......
OR...
if th conflictin inivite to be elsewhere doing better things at 4 ish is sustained , I am knowledgeble in those matters as well , ...

Last edited by rocketscientis; May 13th, 2020 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Want 2
Old May 13th, 2020 | 03:36 PM

Console

Rocket scientist I am the first person that contacted you for
a console bottom . I got no response
when I have left you 2 messages ?
Please let me know.

Last edited by Drbigblock; May 13th, 2020 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Oops
Old May 13th, 2020 | 06:53 PM

I have seen completely restored 770-72 consoles going for $1500 with new harness, shifter, cable, etc. I picked up an unrestored console at Turkey run/Daytona beach for around $200, but it had that classic broken door. Other than that it was in pretty good shape

Just FYI to give a range of values for these things.
Old May 14th, 2020 | 02:56 AM

Thanks for info & belive your are correct

Originally Posted by PatL
I have seen completely restored 770-72 consoles going for $1500 with new harness, shifter, cable, etc. I picked up an unrestored console at Turkey run/Daytona beach for around $200, but it had that classic broken door. Other than that it was in pretty good shape

Just FYI to give a range of values for these things.
just a nice console is 9-11 & think thats up there near riddicules but there it is....so my hinge repaire is lot of dickin round to ensure proper operation & appearance so around 3 worth of repair & repair makes an upper worth 3 easy...so a nice ... Never broken bottom is in th 3 neighborhood then *** well & fits in nicely at lower 9 estimate of value of console that will now be bottomless a stripper at work....now if you considder that fair I will dedicate an attitude to get you images
Had to help friend relocate a ton of 67 bird parts unexpectedly last night & fotos suffered as result
Sorry about no responses...ocassionaly contact info I need is lost to me in crappy fone & I DROP THE BALL ..two things I seldom say...
Is that all you require & quid pro quoe
Have you anything for me , core or other pieces ??,at very least s pos / negative response to inqueery plz
Thanks

Last edited by rocketscientis; May 14th, 2020 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Two ed it
Old May 14th, 2020 | 07:33 AM

Still looking for a 70 72 console bottom

Stil looking for a console bottom
70 72 since I put up my first add.
please no bullshit on this
I heed a bottom for my 4 speed console
thanks for looking .
Old May 14th, 2020 | 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by rocketscientis
just a nice console is 9-11 & think thats up there near riddicules but there it is....so my hinge repaire is lot of dickin round to ensure proper operation & appearance so around 3 worth of repair & repair makes an upper worth 3 easy...so a nice ... Never broken bottom is in th 3 neighborhood then *** well & fits in nicely at lower 9 estimate of value of console that will now be bottomless a stripper at work....now if you considder that fair I will dedicate an attitude to get you images
Had to help friend relocate a ton of 67 bird parts unexpectedly last night & fotos suffered as result
Sorry about no responses...ocassionaly contact info I need is lost to me in crappy fone & I DROP THE BALL ..two things I seldom say...
Have you anything for me , core or other pieces ??,at very least s pos / negative response to inqueery plz
Thanks
Why ?still no response via PM ?
Still looking for a 70 72 console bottom
Old May 14th, 2020 | 12:21 PM

Or what I said was

shore got that wright
Got more than one thing goin on...ALL my help is staying outa my way... let me make the confusion perfectly clear I did not have a file photo of the bottom lower console therefore I posted picture of an entire console to show a good base so one could visualize what they would be getting when they purchased a lower console base
I believe I will have to go to where I keep the numerous console bases pick out a good one and get you a picture
normally I don't sell pieces parts because I repair that ignorant broken hinge design reinforced it with steel & make it look like it was never touched in order for me to be able to provide you with things like this base you need I must collect console's and their pieces myself

I want to know if you sir have or even know somebody who has spare extra even broken console pieces specifically do you have a lower base or parts , pieces for me as a core ?
My needs are not limited to that , any pieces at all for the 70 to 72 console would be considered and of course that would reduce your cost

do you have an idea of the fair market value of a console at the moment , as it will be helpful to determine the price of the lower base portion as right now I estimate it at about 30% of a total console cost , but I do know how to figure it out...
on average I got me 15 to 20 irons in the fire constantly and lots of folks think I'm just doing there their parts procreation when in fact actually I'm doing about 10 things
I don't make progress on every item everyday but my success rate far above average getting folks what they asked for
please bear with me, if someone has a car show or for whatever reason they need to hurry up and get it done I know how to do that too
I will be takin pix & attempting image transers in due time as well as estimating its value
Thanks for your intrest
OR...
if th conflictin inivite to be elsewhere doing better things at 4 ish is sustained , I am knowledgeble in those matters as well , ...
Old May 14th, 2020 | 12:28 PM

Or what I said was

shore got that wright

Thanks for your intrest
OR...
yea thats prety much my response to th two pm that said same thing about your wishes to take a console that wasnt offered except as an excellent example of what your lower console bass piece looks like that I've been storing for you for the last 10 years
General Lee tH PAINS ME replies are nearly as useful to me as Algonquin smoke signals to an Iroquois and nearly as effective I was telling my gossipy neighbor but I somehow would like you to know which is why I request people's email address and let them know that that is the most preferred line of communication for anybody who wishes to purchase something from me I got great news I got you some pics now if by chance I can accidentally load the damn things will be styling I believe thanks my goal little smoother if my translator was on duty and I know he's low on transmission fluid but what exactly am I not paying him for anyway hello well maybe later on the translator maybe not

Last edited by rocketscientis; May 14th, 2020 at 12:39 PM. Reason: 2 edut
Old May 14th, 2020 | 01:27 PM

oh my,i think he has one that has been repaired,and he has trouble loading pics(I cant even try to load them) if he gets your e mail you will get better pictures im sure.. and if anybody reads this,he will take any broken parts of consoles to use for repair of nonexistent ones,also sure you will somehow be compensated. he does have the parts he says he has.
Old May 14th, 2020 | 01:35 PM
Old School Olds

I'm not sure WTH is going on in this thread to be honest. I have this damn thing for the cost of shipping. It came with the 70 beater.
I hate to throw it out... If I had a complete lower, I would post it for Drbigblock, Good luck sir.

Old May 14th, 2020 | 02:01 PM

I'm not sure WTH is going on in this thread to be honest.

drbigblock is looking for a bottom for his console,rocketsientis has one. rocketscientis also is asking if dr bigblock has any parts or pieces of his old one as rocketscientis repairs them,if so then it would reduce the cost of said bottom that rocketscientis has. he has trouble loading pictures,so prefers to email them to whoever is needing them. he also says he gets very busy chasing parts,but if it needed for a deadline,and hes told,he can get on it faster.he doesn't always get messages on the phone, and to me it looks like he wants 300 for a good bottom,300 for repairing,and 300 for a top.

rob
Old May 14th, 2020 | 02:40 PM
Old School Olds

Originally Posted by oldolds88
I'm not sure WTH is going on in this thread to be honest.

drbigblock is looking for a bottom for his console,rocketsientis has one. rocketscientis also is asking if dr bigblock has any parts or pieces of his old one as rocketscientis repairs them,if so then it would reduce the cost of said bottom that rocketscientis has. he has trouble loading pictures,so prefers to email them to whoever is needing them. he also says he gets very busy chasing parts,but if it needed for a deadline,and hes told,he can get on it faster.he doesn't always get messages on the phone, and to me it looks like he wants 300 for a good bottom,300 for repairing,and 300 for a top.

rob

Have you ever considered a career in skip tracing? Nice sleuthing job my friend.
Old May 14th, 2020 | 03:43 PM

Thanks
I have no cores for you unfortunately.
​​​​​​ just need a console bottom
70 72 cutlass 442
For my black four speed console..
if you have one for sale like in the picture.
ill take it as long as it’s intact.
I give up I can’t get a straight answer
or my PMs aren’t returned **** it.
and no I dident ask for pictures either.WTF
all I asked for was a price and an answer
not these long weird explanations...
and an address for payment .
cant get any Easier than that .
thanks Rob for the translation .

Last edited by Drbigblock; May 15th, 2020 at 08:58 AM.
Old May 15th, 2020 | 05:11 PM

sent You a PM
Old May 15th, 2020 | 05:28 PM

Sent you a PM
Old May 16th, 2020 | 06:13 PM

You sir are quite rite...

Originally Posted by Drbigblock
Looking for a 70 72 console<br />bottom thanks !
you should have that translated !!!

I did not ask you if you asked me for pictures but the initial one led you to be inspired to buy a whole console I was wondering now what effect the last two pictures that I did not ask you to ask me for had on you and to reiterate which means to tell you again, ....P- M... stands for 4 Pain in My A$$ way of comunicatin & although pain was not riciprocated if you check you recieved replies , perhaps not ones you wanted or in manner you expected. , but replies none th less.

so you know but didnt initialy or afterwards comprehend a PM may not be best way to get a response or recieve one & certainly aint worth bunchin your unmentionables up over

its not a competition , but just for fun , lets count # of times I asked if you had a core for me & how many replies I got like they do on sesame street...I am certain of 1 reply....& am anxiously a waiting yours on that & picks that I did not ask you to ask me for that you saw & may have formulated an opinion of

meanwhile I should research th story about all th collors mixed together & how the kettle was made refrence to by th pot

translation note.....I was 100% correct about duckin away from th lead ! & an oustandin job !!!!except I am currently out of complete consoles & I generaly dont sell tops or parts pieces of consoles ....cant imagine why I dont sell pieces to th type of people buyin em but I am most certain it wil b forthcomming as someones head gaskets bout ready to reach yeild !
..thank all..

Last edited by rocketscientis; May 16th, 2020 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Two ed it
Old May 16th, 2020 | 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
I'm not sure WTH is going on in this thread to be honest. I have this damn thing for the cost of shipping. It came with the 70 beater.
I hate to throw it out... If I had a complete lower, I would post it for Drbigblock, Good luck sir.

let me make th confusion perfectly clear...when not figuring out that initial requests for items that I have but in general , dont provide as they are crucial to th whole , dont contain information critical to prevent shipping wrong parts & finding a way to share that knowledge & possibly suggestin way to rectify that , subvertly I am also attemptin to collect items like your broken blue consoles base, or unbroken parts , to assemble complete consoles for folks that are qualified to have them
Get me an estimate on that to 48911 plz n thanks
N no rush at all
Thanks