Still looking for 66 Delta 88 chrome trim!

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2013, 02:37 AM

Still looking for 66 Delta 88 chrome trim!

Hi everybody,
I am urgently looking for these parts:
- 1966 Delta 88 front left corner chrome trim (see picture of right one underneath, open to pair or set offerings)
- 1966 Delta 88 front left corner small fender support (round bar bet. inner & outer fender)
- 1966 Delta 88 bumper filler rubber
- 1966 Delta 88 junction block in engine compartment

I know, there are always particular parts that are easy to offer online and those you find in a crate, dismount yourself or talk out of a fellow's hand.
Obviously, my requests belongs to the latter.
But I am located in Germany, so browsing a junkyard or swap meet is as impossible for me as to phone around used parts dealers.

So I'd be very grateful to everybody on this forum, who anticipates my location and search possibilities.

Thanks in advance,

André

Old March 17th, 2013, 05:55 AM

Hey Andre,

Chicago Auto Parts, e-mail address is: partssupply@chgoautopts.com shows a pair in supply on their data base. The part numbers are : 393452 & 393453.

They have a website which is fairly easy to navigate and a big data base of GM part #'s that you can search....if you have a parts manual that shows the illustrations, group #'s and part #'s, you'd be amazed at the NOS Obsolete Oldsmobile items he has.

I have purchased from them several times in the past. The fellow who owns the business is Kurt.
The prices are reasonable considering the parts are NOS and usually still in the GM Boxes.

I hope this is helpful.

Ron
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:12 AM

Re:

Thanks a lot for your help, Ron!
Looks great!
Old March 18th, 2013, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by hardtop/ragtop
....if you have a parts manual that shows the illustrations, group #'s and part #'s...
Hi Ron, it took me a while to realize that there's no item description on this website and that they store stuff under GM part numbers.

...I don't have such a parts manual. :-(

That leads me to my next step - where can I download such a manual? :-)

Thanks André
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:15 AM

Andre,
Those parts manuals are kind of hard to come by.
The one I have covers all Olds cars from 1958 to 68. It came with my car as the previous owner was a retired GM Master Mechanic and he rescued it from being discarded by the dealership when they were trashing all their obsolete automotive literature. My manual is a good 4" ( 10.16 cm) thick and I have found it to be invaluable when chasing down parts. It doesn't hurt to be able to see exploded views of engines, transmissions, int. panels, etc., etc.
These manuals can command a hefty price, I did see one for sale on eBay a while ago and they were looking to get $ 500+ for it.

The easiest thing for you to do is contact Kurt and quote the part numbers I gave you and he'll tell you whether the parts are still available. I checked his listing and it shows they are still listed. Hopefully, his data base is up to date.

If you ever need to know a part/group number for anything '58-68 Olds, give me a shout and I'll see what I can find for you.....I can also check Kurts data base for anything else you might need.

Ron
Old March 24th, 2013, 04:52 AM

Manual, Kurt etc.

Originally Posted by hardtop/ragtop
The easiest thing for you to do is contact Kurt and quote the part numbers I gave you and he'll tell you whether the parts are still available. I checked his listing and it shows they are still listed. Hopefully, his data base is up to date.

If you ever need to know a part/group number for anything '58-68 Olds, give me a shout and I'll see what I can find for you.....I can also check Kurts data base for anything else you might need.
Hi Ron,
sorry for the delay, I didn't find time for the hobby during the last couple of days.
Thank you very much for your kind help and offer with the parts numbers.
I copied the numbers you picked and forwarded them to Kurt with a request.

I'll keep you posted,

André

PS: Your Delta Lady looks excellent!
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:06 AM

Hi Ron,
just wanted to tell you that Curt got back to me shortly after my mail, offered me the part NOS in box for a good price and 10min later payment was accomplished and parcel on the way.
Wooooo....many thanks!