Rusted cowl area, rear package tray...

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2011, 02:38 PM

Rusted cowl area, rear package tray...

I have the rusted out cowl behind the windsheild issue going on. I am wondering if anyone has a parts car they are able to part out to me? I have a pretty rusty rear windsheild lower area too. The round steel across most of the package tray is bubbled up. I am betting I need to replace this peice down to the brackets that hold the lower exterior molding. If you have parts you can help me out with send me a PM. I hope my descriptions make sense
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by 70cutt
I have the rusted out cowl behind the windsheild issue going on. I am wondering if anyone has a parts car they are able to part out to me? I have a pretty rusty rear windsheild lower area too. The round steel across most of the package tray is bubbled up. I am betting I need to replace this peice down to the brackets that hold the lower exterior molding. If you have parts you can help me out with send me a PM. I hope my descriptions make sense
They make a patch panel for the front, but the back is a little more of a challenge. Link below is for the lower windshield channel (yes chevelle). I haven't found anyone that re pops the back piece (if they do, let me know) should be able to find a body shop to cut and piece it back together. I was going to repair both places and Por-15 both areas before paint.

http://www.chevelle.com/1968-72-Wind...nel-P6259.aspx
Old November 10th, 2011, 07:58 PM

yeah i had seen that replacement piece but i think I need a bit wider area than what that will replace. And that back window piece is a shame. I would like to find a salvaged piece so it could be cut down to a better fit. not sure, but thanks for the link.
Old November 11th, 2011, 08:29 AM

I have the rear package tray chunk,actually to whole roof,but even the package tray section is going to be somewhat large to ship.I'll cut it wherever.
Old November 12th, 2011, 05:00 PM

I have a nice cowl/dash area for your car, price would be $150.00 since it has a tiny hole by the wiper arm on the right side, smaller then a dime. The rest is very usable. I do ship and take Paypal, can email you photos. Joe AzChevs.com