NOS Trunk mat for a 70 olds

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2014, 03:23 PM

NOS Trunk mat for a 70 olds

Want to find a trunk mat for a 70 olds Looking for a NOS one any leads or help ? Thanks shane 612 799 4058 c
Old July 27th, 2014, 07:21 AM

Still Looking
Old July 27th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Just curious, what's the difference between the NOS mat and the rubber reproduction ones? I bought a repro and it looks fantastic. Is there something the OEM ones have the repro ones don't, or is it something about size?
Old July 27th, 2014, 07:42 AM

The ones that are for sale From R.E.M. are not the samethe gray is off Oem is darker and the Felt or carpet is not the same either, it is much thiker and longer stands. The size is also not the same. The OEM is wider and the rear portion is longer. If I didnt have a original one to compare to I would probabley happy with the ones the dealers are selling From what I know there were some real close one's being sold in the 80's but Epa pulled the plug on them I know of one Nos one but he wont sell it yet. My main portion is all there its just getting real real thin and the rubber backing is slowly changing to dust .
Old July 27th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Glad I asked. Turns out we were on different pages. I thought you meant the heavy rubber one with the OLDSMOBILE lettering embossed.

Not sure if this will help, but it might be an idea to touch base with Patton Glade (70Post) on this site. His specialty is 1970 concours restorations and I'm sure he can steer you to what you're looking for, or may be able to supply you with the mat you need.
Old July 27th, 2014, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Glad I asked. Turns out we were on different pages. I thought you meant the heavy rubber one with the OLDSMOBILE lettering embossed.

Not sure if this will help, but it might be an idea to touch base with Patton Glade (70Post) on this site. His specialty is 1970 concours restorations and I'm sure he can steer you to what you're looking for, or may be able to supply you with the mat you need.
thanks I will I am trying to post a couple of photos from my phone of the two next to each other . I have been told to use the R.E.M. one and should not get docked points but it never hurts to look .