NOS A/C Blower Reistor Needed (or Suggestions)

Old August 15th, 2017, 01:33 PM

NOS A/C Blower Reistor Needed (or Suggestions)

I need an NOS or equialent A/C blower resistor GM P/N 419214 for our '76 Cutlass Salon. I bought a 4 Seasons-brand #20079 resistor on Amazon to replace it, knowing that the four four male connectors were in the wrong pattern (since that appeared to be all I could get following an exhaustive search).

I figured I'd be okay since I bought a Wells #268 "Pigtail" Assembly to go with it, figuring that I could simply remove the Packard 56 connectors from the old insulator and snap them into the new "pigtail" insulator (which fits the new resistor's connection pattern) after removing the new connectors from it. You see, I REALLY don't want to have to gratuitously butcher the perfect original wiring harness in this car.

Well surprise, surprise: the stupid new 4 Seasons resistor's footprint doesn't even come close to being able to completely cover the opening in the HVAC blower housing left by the old resistor, and (even more strangely and infuriatingly) the "Made in Taiwan" Wells insulator won't accept the factory Packard 56 connectors on the end of my factory wiring harness nor the new brass replacement connectors I keep for such repairs!

So: does anyone have one of these 419214 resistors (or aftermarket equivalent) NOS sitting around with the correct footprint and connector pattern that I could buy?

Please see photo for reference; I made it nice and large so that (hopefully) all details including numbers would stand out.

If anyone has any alternative suggestions, I'm open.

Last edited by 76CutlassSalon; August 15th, 2017 at 01:36 PM.