Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2014, 05:07 PM

Need 1975 oldsmobile cutlass parts or parts car

Hi there,

Im building a 1975 hurst olds.

Hope someone can help me out or.put me in the right direction I am looking for

Either a 1975 oldsmobile cutlass parts car

OR

Driver side and passenger side inner plastic fender wells or wheel wells decent condition.

Front windshield,
Rear windshield,
Interior dash
Center console
Front and rear bumper black rubber trim

Located in bay area CA please PM me if u can help

Thanks foe your time
Mike
Old March 17th, 2014, 07:47 PM

Too bad you weren't closer to MN. I could probably help with a few items on your list. But, shipping larger items has gotten ridiculously expensive anymore. Hopefully, someone closer can help. Feel free to contact me if you just can't find them anywhere close.
Old March 18th, 2014, 03:42 AM

I have a black dash if your interested
Joe
Old March 18th, 2014, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by aretubj
I have a black dash if your interested
Joe
Thanks for responding to my thread!

Yes I am interested in the black dash where are u located? Can u email pics of dash at acn_rep123@yahoo.com? Any cracks or major damage and is all the mounting braketry in place? Is it warped? Any info would he greatly appreciated

Thanks again
Old March 18th, 2014, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by crimsoncolby
Too bad you weren't closer to MN. I could probably help with a few items on your list. But, shipping larger items has gotten ridiculously expensive anymore. Hopefully, someone closer can help. Feel free to contact me if you just can't find them anywhere close.
Thanks for responding to this thread, I really appreciate it. I will let u know if I run out of options. Just curious do u have the center console or inner fender wells?
Old March 18th, 2014, 08:18 AM

There must be fifteen Cutlasses of this era sitting in the salvage yards around me with lots of good parts still on them. I'm sure I could find a good set of inner fender wells. I just sold my last console...but, know where I could pull a couple more. I can guarantee you, though, that the plastic storage box lid hinges will be cracked and broken...as 95% of them are. Many have used piano hinges to reattach them (I just tried it on a Chevelle storage box and it works/looks pretty good). Let me know what you're interested in.
Old March 19th, 2014, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by crimsoncolby
There must be fifteen Cutlasses of this era sitting in the salvage yards around me with lots of good parts still on them. I'm sure I could find a good set of inner fender wells. I just sold my last console...but, know where I could pull a couple more. I can guarantee you, though, that the plastic storage box lid hinges will be cracked and broken...as 95% of them are. Many have used piano hinges to reattach them (I just tried it on a Chevelle storage box and it works/looks pretty good). Let me know what you're interested in.
Thanks for getting back to me crimsoncolby I really appreciate your help and efforts.

I was able to hit a local junk yard yesterday and picked all the parts I need with the exception of the following

THESE PARTS BELOW I STILL NEED as of 3/19/2014

1.center console from 1973-75 olds preferably a dual gate console
2 windshield - looking for new condition
3 dash overlay wood grain for AC area and headlight area good condition not all cut up
4. Stock radio for dash
4. Interor door panels [good condition]
5. Roof rail interior trim
6. Door jamb floor GM metal strip that screws to floor
7. Interior for lower backseat rear quarter panel with arm rest
8. T top harware/clamps which secures the t top housing to the body/roof
9. Interior door handles good condition

If you have or know someone that can help me round up these parts that would be so much appreciated.

Thanks for your time and efforts! !

Mike G
Old March 21st, 2014, 02:04 PM

I just pulled a nice floor console w/shifter...but, no dual gates around at this time.

Not going to touch that windshield request. Just try finding a "new condition" windshield that's been on a car for 40 yrs. Might be able to find a glass shop that still has new ones.

I have two stock radios: 1) an AM/FM with "OLDSMOBILE" molded into the slide bar and 2) one of those high-tech AM/FM/8-tracks with the exterior "amp"...or, whatever that thing is called. Last I recall, both worked.

Need some clarification with your interior needs. With that Hurst interior, I'm not certain which style door panels you're looking for...or, headliner trims...or, rear qtr panels w/armrests. Do you want lower door panels that came with the carpet strips? Willing to paint and/or replace the carpet strip if that's the style you're looking for? Cutlass S/442 rear lower qtrs would have the molded front edge strip that would extend up to cover the front edge of the attached decorative panel (not the sail panel).

Interior door handles are easy enough to find.

Door jamb sill plates in good condition are a challenge to find used.
Old March 21st, 2014, 02:59 PM

Thumbs up

I am definitely interested in the floor console, Is it black? Can you please PM me pics of the console? I know I can buy a reproduction dual gate face plate for the console so I am not to worried about it not having the dual gate console overlay.

Stereo: I would be interested in the casette stereo not the 8 track

Door Panels: Yes my door panels have black carpet strip on the lower portion of door panel and I am planing on replacing carpet on door pandel. My main focus is to find the upper part of the door panels that have good plastic and is still durable. My plastic on my door panels are very brittle and crumble and break when you touch it.

All in all I am going for the same stock look but would be willing to paint plastic of upper panel and/or re-carpet lower panel.

Rear interior panels: The panels I was referring to are the lower rear quarter interior panels the panels that have the arm rest built into them. They start from the rear quarter floor and stop just under the rear quarter glass.

Interior molding trim: I need the plastic moulding that screws to the inside door jamb and sits between lower rear quarter panel and door jamb

Windshield: I am looking for NOS or new. I found original parts group has new front windsheild for like $250. I know there is still some NOS windsheilds out there....matter of fact I ran into a guy recently who had both front and rear NOS glass for a 75 olds but wanted $1200 for each $2400 total = Too rich for my blood.

Thanks for all the help Colby, you are an awesome person and definitely have some good karma headed your way in the near future!! LOL

PARTS WANTED UPDATE:
By the way I have found interior and exterior door handles now so that is now checked off the list. But still on the hunt for 73-75 ERA center console, woodgrain overlay for dash NOS or great condition, stock cassette radio good condition, passenger and driver Door panels with good plastic, rear quarter panels with arm rest Cutlass S/442 style (good plastic), sill plates good condition, Also need weather stripping for hood, trunk and T-tops
Old March 21st, 2014, 05:41 PM

The console I just pulled is Oxblood Red. Unless I can find a buyer for the shifter, I'll have to sell it as a complete set-up. Cool thing is that the storage box lid hinge is still intact. Rarely find that, anymore. Also, I need to clean it up a little before sending you some pics.

Can you send pics of your existing upper door panels...and, the lower rear qtrs (sdbriese2@comcast.net)? Kind of curious what style they are. Think I know which door jamb trim moldings you speak of. Those aren't easy to find undamaged, either. I'll look around.

Hmmm...wasn't aware they supplied cassette players in '75.

From what I hear concerning t-top gaskets, they are expensive. Think there's also the question of whether you have the first or second generation of Hurst t-tops for proper fit. Maybe somebody else on here has more info on that.
Old March 21st, 2014, 05:52 PM

For the front windshield, I bought a brand new one from a local glass guy for $150, and he'll install it for $25 in my garage.
Rockauto lists them for $138.10CAN, most likely less for U.S $
Look around locally...
Joe