Lug wrench/jack handle --> Last part needed!

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Captain Starfire

Lug wrench/jack handle --> Last part needed!

I am looking for an original jack handle (lug wrench) for my car (64 SF Conv't)... one that is not beat up or bent. I have three from various other GM cars I'm not going to use; but I'm guessing any of the 1964 98s, 88s, Jetfires, etc. would fit the bill.
Thanks....
John
Attached Images

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 1st, 2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old December 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Captain Starfire

Ttt

Hey, folks... I know somebody's bound to have 4 of these lying around his garage! I know I did a few years back ()....
Providing me this part would give you the satisfaction that you were providing me with the LAST part I need to make my car complete!
I'm thinking any full size 63 or 64 Olds would have this exact wrench, but I'm not positive.... that's why I posted the picture.
Cheers...
Old December 5th, 2011, 02:30 PM

I may have something from an A-body, but not full sized of that vintage. If you have one thats in rough shape would you look it over for any casting letters/codes? I know some had a single letter cast into it. John
Old December 5th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Captain Starfire

John,
I have looked at 2 them and either they are too beat up to see or they had none. I have one in the attic I've never checked, but I know it looks different (shorter "wrench" end), so I didn't bother with it.
If you have one that looks like the one in the pic I posted, and it's restorable, I'd be interested. Also, I'm not sure whether the FS cars and intermediates of this era had same size lug nuts. Do you know?
Best,
John
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:33 PM

I don't know about the lug nuts. I just checked a lug wrench I believe came from a 1966 Toronado and it uses the larger lug nuts. Its got a longer straight section and shorter for the wrench than yours. You might create a thread to ask if 1964 full sized had the larger lug nuts then we can find out for sure. John
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ahoy, Captain Starfire,
I found this lug wrench in my father in laws garage when we were cleaning it after he passed. He loved full size cars and was partial to Chev and Ford. This lug wrench looks very much like the one you posted a pic of (the length is right anyway). I measured the lug and it fits 11/16" nuts. Could this be what you're looking for? I do not know what car it came from; just trying to help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2018.jpg (69.4 KB, 46 views)
Old December 6th, 2011, 05:40 AM

Lug Wrench

So as not to have it be taken that im hijacking your post, but i see that you said you have 4 other lug wrenches that were not ones you intended to use, if you or anyone else has a decent lug wrench for a 80's Gbody cutlass id be interested in buying it. Lmk. Thanks John.
Old December 6th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I just scrapped a tool box full of them. must have been 10-15 in there from all kinds of GM cars. I got sick of moving them out of the way all the time .
Figures.
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Captain Starfire

Oh, well...

J, Yeah, that's the fate of a lot of old parts... folks just don't have any permanent storage facility to house them... I've found myself actually DONATING parts to salvage yards just b/c I could no longer keep shuffling them around.

Originally Posted by J-(Chicago)
I just scrapped a tool box full of them. must have been 10-15 in there from all kinds of GM cars. I got sick of moving them out of the way all the time .
Figures.
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Captain Starfire

Allan

Pls. see PM, Allan.
Thanks....
Originally Posted by Allan R
Ahoy, Captain Starfire,
I found this lug wrench in my father in laws garage when we were cleaning it after he passed. He loved full size cars and was partial to Chev and Ford. This lug wrench looks very much like the one you posted a pic of (the length is right anyway). I measured the lug and it fits 11/16" nuts. Could this be what you're looking for? I do not know what car it came from; just trying to help