Cylinder Head Cores

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2015, 06:14 PM

Cylinder Head Cores

I have a friend in search of some good SB cast iron cylinder head cores. These will be going over seas. Closer to the east coast the better. Of course condition/ parts/ machine work, already done, will be considered in the cost. My friend's name is Jacob he goes by Marx3 on here. The final destination for these heads will be Denmark. He has a contact in Virginia that will ship directly to him. These heads will be going on a stock bottom end 403, so ideally an early set of #3,4 castings would be prefered. Casting numbers 5,6,& 7 will also be considered. Again condition is very important. We would prefer to have these cleaned and checked for cracks before shipping. You can contact Jacob here -
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/members/marx3.html
Or PM me if you prefer.

I am always looking for good core heads, that are local to me, in southern Wisconsin. I hate to pay to ship heads. Sometimes it's more than the cores are worth. Fastenal is a good option, but not everyone has a depot close to them.
Thanks for your help, dave - The Freak
Old April 17th, 2015, 06:39 PM

Dave, need any #1s?
Old April 17th, 2015, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Boldsmobile
Dave, need any #1s?
I think those had the wierd rocker shaft set up, didn't they? Right now I haven't had any call for those, nor have I ever seen a set. Care to post up some photos? I will keep you in mind if any customers need a set for a stock rebuild.
Thanks for the response, Dave - The Freak
Old April 17th, 2015, 07:47 PM

I have a set of 7a that have been to the machine shop, hot tanked & mag'd. No cracks but are covered with surface rust. In Indianapolis & 5 mins. from Fastenal. Not sure what they'd be worth?
Old April 17th, 2015, 07:57 PM

Also have a set of #4 on a recent parts car. They are still on the car but a local machine shop will clean & mag. them for about $50.00. Not sure what they would be worth if they prove to be a clean uncracked pair?