correct conv boot snaps

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2013, 07:58 PM

correct conv boot snaps

no one in Cincinnati area that I have contacted have the correct threaded convertible top boot snaps that thread into the rear interior panels. I need a set of 4, as these will finish up my restoration of my 69 convertible.
I have the used originals, but they are rough shape.
Anyone?
Located in Ky.

thanks!
tim
w442309@aol.com
Attached Images
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:19 PM

Patton, I and a few others have been looking for a long time for the correct repos. I have some original ones and two repos that are very close that I found at an old interior shop that the guy said he has had around for years. I've been trying to get back up there for over a year now but it is far from my house.

to be clear lets make sure we are all speaking of the same thing. I believe the originals are chrome with a phllips head. New repos are either chrome with a slotted screw head or are stainless with a phillips. I'll post images of what I have so folks can get you the correct items.
Old July 18th, 2013, 01:57 PM

The originals for 68 are definitely chrome with a phillips head
Old July 18th, 2013, 03:09 PM

My car was missing the snap-screws when I bought It. Not sure how they compare to original, but I bought some stainless ones with a phillips head at a local car/boat upholstery supply shop. I just brought the conv boot to the store and matched some up. Cost a few bucks for the set of 4 and looks/ works fine. Just an option...
Old July 18th, 2013, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Texas69
My car was missing the snap-screws when I bought It. Not sure how they compare to original, but I bought some stainless ones with a phillips head at a local car/boat upholstery supply shop. I just brought the conv boot to the store and matched some up. Cost a few bucks for the set of 4 and looks/ works fine. Just an option...
Perfect option to me but I know some folks are looking for the exact ones, almost seems the best bet is to have the originals re-chromed as the ones you have look right but the stainless head part spins on the screw and looks like stainless not chrome but.... from two feet away no one would know the difference and when the boot is on you can't even see them