´73 Ninety-Eight parts wanted

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2013, 11:01 PM

´73 Ninety-Eight parts wanted

Hi,

I'm in desperate need of some items: Fender End Caps on both side, interior rear lamp cups, fuel tank fill cap door (you know what I mean?), the chrome thing on top of left side tail lamp bezel etc. Suggest other parts too.
Plz contact me here by private message or email: jussi308@gmail.com

Thanks.

Last edited by jussi308; June 11th, 2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by jussi308
Hi,

I'm in desperate need of some items: Fender End Caps on both side, interior rear lamp cups, fuel tank fill cap door (you know what I mean?), the chrome thing on top of left side tail lamp bezel etc. Suggest other parts too.
Plz contact me here by private message or email: jussi308@gmail.com

Thanks.
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what you mean by your descriptions. It might be best if you posted some pics of your car and show the parts that you are looking for.

John
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by 76 Regency
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what you mean by your descriptions. It might be best if you posted some pics of your car and show the parts that you are looking for.

John
Hi John,

Thanks for the welcome. I'll take some pics of my car today. I hope that'll explain my needs.
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:16 AM

Hi,

Here's some pics of what I mean.

WP_20130613 1.jpg

WP_20130613 2.jpg

WP_20130613 3.jpg

WP_20130613 4.jpg

WP_20130613.jpg
Old June 13th, 2013, 11:20 AM

OK that's much better. Have you tried ebay? I found a taillight bezel right away:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1973-73-...75a182&vxp=mtr

Also, this guy is selling some dash parts for a 98 like yours. Maybe he has other parts as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oldsmobile-1...9a7619&vxp=mtr

The "caps" you mentioned are known as filler panels and they are a common issue with cars like yours and mine. There are companies reproducing some but I'm not sure about the '73 year. Do some homework on google, ebay, etc. I got a company in Florida to reproduce the rear fillers for the '75 and '76 Ninety Eights but I don't think they make sets for '73 yet. If you get enough of a demand for them, they probably would make them.
Old June 13th, 2013, 09:23 PM

Thanks a lot . I surfed in the ebay.. I don't know why I didn't find those taillight bezels right away. I'll ask those sellers if they have also other parts that I'm missing.
I found one company that's producing these fillers but it seems that they're the same ones I have in the garage. I tried to mount them but I'm not happy about how they fit in. They are these:

http://www.replica-plastics.com/edit...ake=oldsmobile
Old June 14th, 2013, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by jussi308
Thanks a lot . I surfed in the ebay.. I don't know why I didn't find those taillight bezels right away. I'll ask those sellers if they have also other parts that I'm missing.
I found one company that's producing these fillers but it seems that they're the same ones I have in the garage. I tried to mount them but I'm not happy about how they fit in. They are these:

http://www.replica-plastics.com/edit...ake=oldsmobile
Glad to help. As for the fillers, the company you posted the link for is not the company I deal with. I believe those are fiberglass and they are not a quality reproduction which makes them fit poorly. Below is the link for the company I deal with in Florida. They make a high quality (ABS plastic) part but again, for '75/'76 Ninety Eights. Even these parts took a long time to make because they were not making them prior to my contacting them. I rounded up a large number of Ninety Eight owners that all needed fillers and then spent a lot of time working with the manufacturer while they got the parts as close to perfect as possible. The end result is a very high quality part that can easily be mistaken for an original. If you call them, ask for Caitlyn and tell her John Capone referred you to her. Again, I don't believe they make your fillers but it's worth calling to see if it gets you anywhere.

http://plasticpartsinc.com/

John
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:18 PM

Again thanks for the help I got from you. In Finland it's not so easy to get these special parts anywhere.

I'll ask the company you mentioned if it's possible to manufacture those fillers, and if not I'm gonna try to find another manufacturer or find NOS parts which can be very tricky task...

At least I bought the taillight bezel today so my Olds is going to be a beauty but it just takes some time Tomorrow it's cruising time.

Juha
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:23 PM

Good luck finding the parts you need. This forum and ebay are great sources for information and parts so keep up with both. Enjoy cruising your Ninety Eight!

John
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:43 PM

Still in need of these item. Plz contact if you have them or info where to find em.

Br,
Juha
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:44 AM

Hi, give these guys a try. This is a well known yard in Arizona, US that specializes in classic cars. I was there back in '04 and was amazed at their inventory.

http://www.dvap.com/
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:19 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

Juha

Originally Posted by 76 Regency
Hi, give these guys a try. This is a well known yard in Arizona, US that specializes in classic cars. I was there back in '04 and was amazed at their inventory.

http://www.dvap.com/