'70 442 Parking Brake Lever

Search this Thread

Old September 5th, 2012, 05:16 PM

'70 442 Parking Brake Lever

Once again calling on the guru's.....Does the parking brake lever assembly differ from one without the warning switch that let's you know your parking brake is on?
The brown wire from the harness is there ( and works the red brake warning light come on in the cluster when power is applied? I have a NOS OEM switch but....the lever assembly in my car does not have a hole to mount the switch.
As always...... Thanks in Advance !
DRXOLDS
Old September 6th, 2012, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by DRXOLDS
Once again calling on the guru's.....Does the parking brake lever assembly differ from one without the warning switch that let's you know your parking brake is on?
The brown wire from the harness is there ( and works the red brake warning light come on in the cluster when power is applied? I have a NOS OEM switch but....the lever assembly in my car does not have a hole to mount the switch.
As always...... Thanks in Advance !
DRXOLDS
Look closely at your lever assembly and you will see a "U" shaped opening towards the back of said lever. Directly behind this hole will be "U" shaped tab with a hole in it for your switch.
(It's early in the morning and I've not finished my coffee, but I believe the above info to be correct...and if not, someone is sure to correct me.)