68 cutlass Rally Gauge

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2016, 09:58 AM
68 Cutlass S Convertible

68 cutlass Rally Gauge

I just need the oil/temp/fuel cluster. It needs to be in good working condition, unless you're willing to part with one for cheap. Then I can get it refurbed.

Thanks!

Rhett
Old August 23rd, 2016, 02:34 PM

ralley guage

Hi, I have a factory 69 guage, which is same as 68. Was refurbishing it myself for my 69, but think I am not going to use it. Kind of a fixer, but something to think about.

I have repainted the inside of the case, replaced the bulbs, and repainted the retainer rings. I have a new face plate and clear plexiglass cover that need to be installed.

Also have the special temp and oil senders needed for the guages to work. These have been installed on my engine about 3 months but are clean and never had wires on them.

One pin is missing and some are loose. I could provide a speedo that pins could be salvaged from.

No idea if it works. I bought it from a guy along with the tach.

I am thinking about $250 for all this, shipped. Let me know if interested.

Ray
Old August 24th, 2016, 08:01 AM
68 Cutlass S Convertible

Originally Posted by Texas69
Hi, I have a factory 69 guage, which is same as 68. Was refurbishing it myself for my 69, but think I am not going to use it. Kind of a fixer, but something to think about.

I have repainted the inside of the case, replaced the bulbs, and repainted the retainer rings. I have a new face plate and clear plexiglass cover that need to be installed.

Also have the special temp and oil senders needed for the guages to work. These have been installed on my engine about 3 months but are clean and never had wires on them.

One pin is missing and some are loose. I could provide a speedo that pins could be salvaged from.

No idea if it works. I bought it from a guy along with the tach.

I am thinking about $250 for all this, shipped. Let me know if interested.

Ray
I appreciate the offer. Fixing the internals of any gauge is out of my comfort zone. I could send that off and have it refurbed, but that would be at least another $250 and I just don't want to spend $500 for one gauge. I'd be a buyer at $100 for just the gauge...even that's a little pricey for a non working gauge missing pieces.