68-69 Red Inner Fenders

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2018, 02:16 AM

68-69 Red Inner Fenders

Looking for a set of repro’s or originals. Not for show. If they are originals they’re going to need work for me to afford them. If no one has a used set I’m probably going to buy a set of repros Thursday in Gettysburg so you know what my budget is.

Thanks,
Old August 29th, 2018, 04:31 AM

I didn't see anything at Gettysburg. The rain had almost everyone shut down (except the diehards like Scott and Brandon.....lol).

Too bad for Fusick because if the tent was open I would have bought a set
Old August 29th, 2018, 02:26 PM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Mike are you lookin to drill 4" holes? It will be cool...If you do that mod then I will be forced to do it too...lol.
Old August 29th, 2018, 06:37 PM

Speaking of four inch holes...use a GREENLEE punch to make said holes. Maybe rent one at a tool store or if you have an electrician buddy, borrow his. Two tight fitting cups pulled together with a centre bolt. Come in a multitude of sizes. Used by electricians to cut holes in metal. Try that.
Old August 29th, 2018, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by allyolds68
Looking for a set of repro’s or originals. Not for show. If they are originals they’re going to need work for me to afford them. If no one has a used set I’m probably going to buy a set of repros Thursday in Gettysburg so you know what my budget is.

Thanks,
I have a friend that has an original used set.I don't know if he will let them go.
If interested call me at 281-955-8284 noon to 10PM Central.
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by droldsmorland
Mike are you lookin to drill 4" holes? It will be cool...If you do that mod then I will be forced to do it too...lol.
Steve,

No. I just like the red look, especially on the Scarlet car.

I'm actually thinking of modifying my stock hood to run a Chevelle-like cowl induction. I never could figure out why Olds went through all the trouble to raise the center of the hood, install the vents and then cobble together a two snout 6 cylinder air cleaner with a couple dryer hoses and two cheesy ducts under the bumper....

We never met up this summer again. The season isn't over. Do you have any plans? I'm probably headed to the Glen next Friday for the day for Vintage Race Weekend. Any interest?

Last edited by allyolds68; August 30th, 2018 at 06:40 AM.
Old August 30th, 2018, 07:01 AM

I have a buddy that had a set of repops for sale. they were new. ill let him know. not sure if he sold them or not.
Old August 30th, 2018, 09:47 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Mike thats a grand idea on the cowl induction. Ill bet you could get creative and graft in a functional Chevelle flap. I think the air cleaner may/could work as ;long as it was for a QJet The LS6 and L78 and L89s (yikes!) had the holly regardless of the hood but the lesser cars could be had with the RPO ZL2 hood too and they were Qjet equipped. Chevelle repro parts are easy and cheap(er). Sealing the hood to the cleaner would require significant engineering/welding. But what great idea. Love to see it executed. Or make the existing 68 faux louvers functional.
I've almost pulled the trigger on the OAI conversion as well as a Muncie many times. I just cant bring myself to cut up a numbers car not that any of it isn't reversible. Maybe the next one Ill make to order. Maybe seeing yours would push me over the edge?
Agreed the red wells would look great on your car. They would have the holes already cut if they are 68-69s. So MAW get the duct work and air cleaner?!?!?
Negative on The Glen, but thanks for the offer. Brand new new job, finally! So taking Friday off so early on may not look favorable. Pool liner gets installed that next day...JOY....! Definitely need to do this next year.Its on the bucket list. We usually do the full 4 days at the Glen in early August. I had to skip out on that this year as well due to new job...Oh to be retired!
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by droldsmorland
Negative on The Glen, but thanks for the offer. Brand new new job, finally! So taking Friday off so early on may not look favorable. Pool liner gets installed that next day...JOY....! Definitely need to do this next year.Its on the bucket list. We usually do the full 4 days at the Glen in early August. I had to skip out on that this year as well due to new job...Oh to be retired!
Too bad but I'm glad you found something.