67 Cutlass Supreme 442 , H. C.

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2014, 12:41 PM

67 Cutlass Supreme 442 , H. C.

I knew I might need more pieces .
Looking for the highest quality I can find .
# 1. Lower Trunk trim piece . I THINK that it is the same for all Holiday Coupe's .

# 2. Drivers Side ( Left Side ) 3 " x 4 " trim piece that fits between real wheel molding , and lower body trim piece .

Any help appreciated .. Thanks , Jim Tuma
Old November 24th, 2014, 01:00 PM

I can probably do that. email me direct at

lemoldsnut@aol.com

Thanks
Larry
Old November 25th, 2014, 12:29 PM

Corrected information .

#1 . Trunk trim piece is unique for the 442 . Same black crinkle finish as the
tail light bezels ..

# 2 . I need the RIGHT SIDE ; 3" x 4" trim piece filler that goes between lower trim piece and rear wheel well trim piece ..

Sorry for the confusion .
Old November 25th, 2014, 01:38 PM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
Not Home yet?
Old November 25th, 2014, 03:45 PM

This is really gonna be a great story , someday !!

My pot metal restorer is the poster boy for the Pathological Journal Q+A
section . I will name names , when my car is in the transporter .
MIGHT be down to the last 10 - 20 hours of work process . Last order from Fusick for rubber snubbers @ doors , hood , trunk , glove box , and console . Then it is final road test ( still has less than 4 miles on road ) . Adjust brakes , leak check everything , choke set , A.C. full charge , Align F.E , re -torque every imaginable suspension , engine , interior , final spec AND , every light , gauge , switch function .
I really want to see my RRoth dash , 11 new American Auto Wire harness's,Chip @ Powersteering.com ,quick steering gear - power steering pump - rag joint , Gardner exhaust , $ 10,000 Advance Engine + Machine - 400 E with every new piece that could possibly be replaced , JUST Smoke , my F - 70 x14 Firestone Wide Oval - White Stripe Bias Ply tires in a Warren Johnson Pro Stock style burn out !!!
Of course , that is just a dream .. Wowser's , pictures will appear as soon as I get some ... Hope all is well in the North Woods , Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Ronny , and Happy Holidays to everyone here on here C.C.O. Forum .
And , I hope Lemonsoldsnut or one of our brotheren have 2 trim pieces for me .. Thanks , Jim Tuma
Old November 25th, 2014, 05:13 PM

Jim,

I still think I can do these for you. Will check and get back to you.

Larry
lemoldsnut@aol.com
Old November 25th, 2014, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jimi2much
My pot metal restorer is the poster boy for the Pathological Journal Q+A
section . I will name names , when my car is in the transporter .
MIGHT be down to the last 10 - 20 hours of work process . Last order from Fusick for rubber snubbers @ doors , hood , trunk , glove box , and console . Then it is final road test ( still has less than 4 miles on road ) . Adjust brakes , leak check everything , choke set , A.C. full charge , Align F.E , re -torque every imaginable suspension , engine , interior , final spec AND , every light , gauge , switch function .
I really want to see my RRoth dash , 11 new American Auto Wire harness's,Chip @ Powersteering.com ,quick steering gear - power steering pump - rag joint , Gardner exhaust , $ 10,000 Advance Engine + Machine - 400 E with every new piece that could possibly be replaced , JUST Smoke , my F - 70 x14 Firestone Wide Oval - White Stripe Bias Ply tires in a Warren Johnson Pro Stock style burn out !!!
Of course , that is just a dream .. Wowser's , pictures will appear as soon as I get some ... Hope all is well in the North Woods , Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Ronny , and Happy Holidays to everyone here on here C.C.O. Forum .
And , I hope Lemonsoldsnut or one of our brotheren have 2 trim pieces for me .. Thanks , Jim Tuma
Hi Jim is the car still in kansas? Sorry to hear you are still having these problems!
Old November 25th, 2014, 09:34 PM

I've got a couple of the 442 black trim pieces. I don't know what the other piece is, if you could take a picture of the other one. I'll try to help if Larry can't do it; he sells parts as a business; I just happen to collect that year for my car and have some spares, so don't worry about me needing a sale, see him first.
Old November 26th, 2014, 09:13 AM

Thanks , Larry and Koda .

I'm sure this is nothing new , however , car restoration seems to incite huge levels of emotional ups , and downs . This forum has some extraordinary people , at all levels . It connects , and provides years of knowledge and experience . I have had 15 + guys just save me from some really convoluted decision making , AND , provide me with parts / materials to finish my project .
I kind of have too much of my life invested in this project right now . When I find out Monday just when to order the enclosed transport , and contemplate my next chapter , I will share pictures , and follow advice from more individuals from here , AND , I will be humbled to find this same advice again . I appreciate every contributor - individual on here .
Thanks , Jim Tuma
Old November 26th, 2014, 09:17 AM

Great Hope it works out. Let me know if you need anything else.

Happy Thanksgiving

Larry
Old November 26th, 2014, 10:52 AM

I think this is the part he is looking for, they seem to be scarce and always pitted... this one is the left side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
$_1.jpg (26.4 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Oldsmaniac; November 26th, 2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: more info
Old November 26th, 2014, 11:26 AM

Ok, got you. I got the lower trim pieces confused. That's the directly ahead of the right rear wheel well molding and behind the front quarter panel trim piece. I'll have to look and see if I have spares of those.
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:50 PM

Correct Oldsmaniac !

That is exactly the piece that has been described to me .
I need one of those pieces for the right side , and a " 442 " type trunk trim piece , and I'm finished .
At least for today . Thanks for all the help . JT
Old November 26th, 2014, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jimi2much
#1 . Trunk trim piece is unique for the 442 . Same black crinkle finish as the
tail light bezels ..
The trunk piece is the same for the Cutlass and the 442 with exception that it is painted black. There is no crinkle finish in the paint the crinkle is in the chrome. It is easier to find a nice Cutlass one and paint it.
Old November 26th, 2014, 01:39 PM

Good info.

Thanks Oldsmaniac .
I have my original in Kansas , with the car . It is supposed to have 2 "dings "
in it . I will relate this exact information to Calvin - My restoration guy .
My second one is in Bakersfield with 4 other pieces that I will probably never see again . Appreciated , JT
Old January 27th, 2015, 11:46 AM

Hey Jim! Is there anything I can do for you? I have a picture of your car with that missing trim piece if it helps anyone know what you are looking for. Maybe you got it already. I think Oldsmaniac has the correct example there, but the wrong side. Any way, I was just looking at this thread, and boy can I relate!! Some genius decided to power wash my engine bay out when the motor was out being restored. All that greasy grimey whatever it is splashed on top of my what ragtop. Then they tried to use something to clean it up. like solvent, and now... I can't even talk about it. I hope you got all this taken care of and it's home. If not, I can drive it down to you when it's done! LOL Take care my friend. I'll look you up when we come down. Looks like it will be end of May instead of March.
I'll run up to Calvin's any time if you need me to.