64-65 Cutlass 2 dr. "post car" passenger door glass run channel

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2020, 01:45 PM

64-65 Cutlass 2 dr. "post car" passenger door glass run channel

Looking for this part described above, it's the vertical lift channel that the passenger door glass sits in. The Holiday or convertible maybe longer, donr know becasue all these cars have vent windows? In the picture you see it's painted black. Plus the small clip the door rod is held to. Thank you. Dallas Texas.

Old July 3rd, 2020, 04:15 PM

Hi,

I believe the parts place sells the steel channel, you have to cut to length and reuse to bracket the rollers ride in, not real difficult just measure where the bracket is in relation

You will also need the rubber retaining strips, here is a link, you will have to call to get the correct one, I searched for about 4 years before I came across them,, as reusing the original hard rubber is near impossible. The name of the company is Restoration Specialities

https://www.restorationspecialties.c...&page=3&catid=

​​​​They also might sell the channel or have more info as I got mine long ago and not positive about the parts place

Good luck,
Old July 3rd, 2020, 04:57 PM

Hi again,

Cars Inc is where I found the steel channel

Regards,
Old July 3rd, 2020, 04:58 PM

The link you did send it's not the part. The glass is set in the horizontal run channel with a rubber seal that also when fully closed the rubber meets the horizontal weather strips that are on both sides of the door, I tried to repair mine by cutting and welding to pieces of the run channel together to make one. It works but not the way I want it. I'll call the parts place see what they got. Thank you....very much...
Old July 3rd, 2020, 04:58 PM

Ill try Cars INC to thanks a bunch..
Old July 4th, 2020, 05:30 AM

The rubber is available thru Restoration Specialties. Got some for my Cutlass wagon as the original was so hard and brittle it fell apart and would no longer hold the glass in the metal channel. You can also try Steele Rubber, they may have something also. My channel had some rot holes in it that I repaired with the welder...
Old July 4th, 2020, 09:12 AM

The go around I bought the rubber from Ames Performance, the Pontiac folks. The passenger side glass channel sash was pretty corroded as yours. I had sourced 2 "post car" doors and of course the channel sash was not good on the replacement doors, so I welded 2 pieces together but it does not roll up into the door frame, I tried adjusting best I could, It works but I rather try and replace it before I move on and finish the interior. I bought the doors to replace the ones that came with the car as I wanted to replace them with much better metal. These were rust free out of Arizona...