1984 old custom cruiser wagon

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2020, 03:10 PM

1984 old custom cruiser wagon

I NEED A TAILGATE AJAR SWITCH. GM #20004205 FOR 77 - 90 WAGONS. IT IS THE SWITCH LOCATED IN THE LOWER RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE TAILGATE ON THE LOWER LOCKING MECHANISM. I GUESS IT WOULD BE ON THE LOWER LEFT HAND SIDE IF YOU WERE LOOKING AT THE TAILGATE FROM INSIDE THE CAR.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE ME IF YOU ARE PARTING ONE OUT.
MY E MAIL IS philjrgpp@jhotmail.com

PHIL SCOTT
Old June 22nd, 2020, 06:41 PM

Hi phil, I was curious what was wrong with the original tailgate ajar switch on your wagon that you're replacing it. I have an '82 Custom Cruiser, and my tailgate ajar light has been stuck on for some time. At first I thought it was a problem with the ajar switch, but after I opened things up and did some digging, it looks like the switch itself is fine and is just not being pressed in far enough by the latch when the door is closed. Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue before.

I did spot a switch for sale on ebay, though it's new old stock and carries a hefty price tag:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1977-19...kAAOSw8q9eT~Kl

Best of luck getting your tailgate fixed!
Old June 23rd, 2020, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by chibiduo
hi phil, i was curious what was wrong with the original tailgate ajar switch on your wagon that you're replacing it. I have an '82 custom cruiser, and my tailgate ajar light has been stuck on for some time. At first i thought it was a problem with the ajar switch, but after i opened things up and did some digging, it looks like the switch itself is fine and is just not being pressed in far enough by the latch when the door is closed. Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue before.

I did spot a switch for sale on ebay, though it's new old stock and carries a hefty price tag:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/nos-1977-19...kaaosw8q9et~kl

best of luck getting your tailgate fixed!
yes, i saw that. He is nuts. He says he is going to offer it for that price for a year before he gets realistic. Lol. Thanks. Phil scott